Ripper Owens Is Now Available

While I like Ripper's voice, I like the idea of Anthrax going with someone new. Either way, I'd support it. I've hung in this long, why give up now?

Yep. (To Mikey) It's not always a bad idea to get some one mostly unknown. For example... Joey wasn't very well known at all before Anthrax. Depending on how you look at it, that turned out pretty well! So I'm OK with the unknown-singer idea.

I like Ripper's voice, too, but I'm not sure how well he would've done on Bush tunes. (That's the reason I scratched Bruce Hall off my "Singers-for-Anthrax" list. :p) But I wonder how well Dan will do on Belladonna stuff? He doesn't seem to have the voice for that... I guess we'll see.

While I like Ripper's voice, I like the idea of Anthrax going with someone new. Either way, I'd support it. I've hung in this long, why give up now?

The biggest issue with them going with an unknown is all of the pressure he has to deal with. If the sales aren't there, guess who gets the blame?

Yep. (To Mikey) It's not always a bad idea to get some one mostly unknown. For example... Joey wasn't very well known at all before Anthrax. Depending on how you look at it, that turned out pretty well! So I'm OK with the unknown-singer idea.

Anthrax wasn't well known when Joey joined the band!

I like Ripper's voice, too, but I'm not sure how well he would've done on Bush tunes. (That's the reason I scratched Bruce Hall off my "Singers-for-Anthrax" list. :p) But I wonder how well Dan will do on Belladonna stuff? He doesn't seem to have the voice for that... I guess we'll see.

Not only that, but what's his stage presence going to be like? Bush IMO is one of the greatest frontmen ever!

That's another reason why I thought Ripper would be a good fit. He's established, there wouldn't be as much pressure coming to Anthrax as there was going to Priest, he has a great stage presence, and his voice can last en entire tour.

We know what Scott, Charlie, Frank, and Rob can do, in and out of the studio. We only have a hand full of songs that are demos at best with Dan. He's only toured L.I., how's he going to hold up during a world tour? I guess we'll soon find out :D

In any event, I want to look at the glass being half full. I'll support the band no matter what, and more than likely be eating my words in the next few months ;)

I agree with the stage presence thing. Ripper has terrible stage presence..so this Dan guy at worst would have the same amount of stage presence as Ripper;):lol:

But now on a singing level..Ripper better be glad he has one of the best voices in current metal.

Tim " Ripper " Owens is Writting a new record with Winter's Bane plus he has Beyond Fear, for the Record Winter's Bane Heart of a Killer was an awesome album, Ripper at his best before he joined Judas Priest, so expect a Winter's Bane reunion next year

I have just gotten into Iced Earth a year or so ago after hearing "The Glorious Burden" and I love the new one too. I just wish that Ripper would have done pt.2 also. I'm going to find some Matt Barlow stuff tomorrow and check it out. What are some of the best songs to look for?

'Horror show' i think is their best album but cool songs include: Angels Holocaust, Dantes Inferno and Colours and by far their best is Stormrider.

But I wonder how well Dan will do on Belladonna stuff? He doesn't seem to have the voice for that... I guess we'll see.

Could become the greatest of three evils...:headbang: We will see.

I totally agree with anyone who finds it a good idea to bring in someone new. Tim Owens is too much related to well known bands. On the other hand he is used to be fired when an ex-singer calls, so the door would be open for another reunion...? jk

Man... I should be singing for Anthrax..
I can sing both John and Joey..
aw what the hell even a little Bruce Dickinson as well..lol

Man... I should be singing for Anthrax..
I can sing both John and Joey..
aw what the hell even a little Bruce Dickinson as well..lol
Just do it!!!

Anything is better than fucking Tim the "Ripper"....
Saw that dude once live and my ears beginning to hurt again only thinking about it!!

Could become the greatest of three evils...:headbang: We will see.

I totally agree with anyone who finds it a good idea to bring in someone new. Tim Owens is too much related to well known bands. On the other hand he is used to be fired when an ex-singer calls, so the door would be open for another reunion...? jk

Well it will be interesting to see what takes place when that eventually happens.