'Ripper' to sing unreleased Dio songs

Sickboy, try this track on. Ever since Framing Armageddon came out, I've though Ripper sounded almost exactly like Dio on this. And it rules.

Incidentally, about Ripper, someone give this man a good job for cripe sake. I'm still kind of mad at Jon Schaefer for kicking him out of IE, as Framing Armageddon was a monster record.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiNFSSJoqs4

IE suck. The best thing Ripper has been a part of, other than Jugulator, is Beyond Fear. He needs to get the fucking finger out, stop dicking around with stupid side projects where he is a hired gun, and work with his own band on his own legacy.

Beyond Fear was hopelessly mediocre.

My favorite thing he's done to date (other than the live Priest discs) was Perpetual Flame by Yngwie.

Dunno how I feel about him singing on unreleased Dio stuff, but I guess we'll hear how it turns out before we start bitching.

IE suck. The best thing Ripper has been a part of, other than Jugulator, is Beyond Fear. He needs to get the fucking finger out, stop dicking around with stupid side projects where he is a hired gun, and work with his own band on his own legacy.

Youch. I'll admit that I used to find Iced Earth just so so, but they really won me over with those last two concept records. Excellent from start to finish. And though I miss Ripper as I've said, I thought the second one with Barlowe was awesome.

Thank you. On backorder, why doesn't surprise me? :rolleyes:

there was a problem i think with the scheepers distribution because best buy, fye, cdnow and barnes and noble all had it on backorder until thursday or friday and it came out tuesday

I like Ripper just fine but Scheepers really should have gotten the Priest Gig when all that was happening. Not only would the voice of the Priest frontman fit more, but the music may have taken a turn for the better as well.

As far as Ripper singing with the DIO band?? May be good...we'll see...I liked him best with Iced Earth. :kickass:

Beyond Fear was hopelessly mediocre.

Seconded. Tim is a great gun for hire, but as a solo hitman doesn't play good. I hope more Charred Walls Of The Damned and maybe if the Swede cleans his act another Yngwie album.

And always getting hope he returns to Iced Earth :cry:

i thought his solo album was better than beyond fear but the new yngwie is bad

I don't know why but I found "Relentless" pretty acceptable. Is widely told in the net that Yngwie picked some leftovers from "Perpetual Flame", but still those songs with Ripper deliver really good.

I didn't like Tim solo album either, again I feel he works better for others than for himself.

I don't think the point is to have a singer sing and sound like Dio. Lets face it nobody can replace RJD. I think they just want to get songs that he wrote out there. I suppose you could get any one of those guys to try to sing and sound like him but the songs are the showcase. Not the singer.
Just my thoughts.

I think Tim would be a good choice for singing the Dio stuff. I honetly don't want to hear someone trying to sound like Ronnie singing those songs. I think the songs would be better off having an accomplished vocalist (which Owens is) doing the song his own way. Having said that, my all-time favorite Dio cover was Egypt - by Doro. She sounded as good as Ronnie on that song. I wouldn't mind hearing her do some songs Ronnie wrote.

Bryant

As far as Ripper singing with the DIO band?? May be good...we'll see...I liked him best with Iced Earth. :kickass:

+1

there was a problem i think with the scheepers distribution because best buy, fye, cdnow and barnes and noble all had it on backorder until thursday or friday and it came out tuesday

CDUniverse had few copies in stock. Mine just arrived along with the new Scale The Summit album.
I think NEHrecords also has it.