Ritchie's Guitar Gear

RidingtheSnake

New Metal Member
Apr 8, 2002
Staten Island, NY
home.si.rr.com
Hi all,

i was curious if anyone here knew what kindof gear Ritchie Wilkison uses. I eally love the harder sound he brought to AngelDust and he gets some really good tones on the album. i was curious if anyone knew what type of guitars/pickups/amps/effects etc he uses..

thansk for your replies!

I feel I should at least welcome you to the forum because I know nothing about guitar gear and such.....sorry.

But there should be some people around who can tell you.
Angel Duster maybe?

thats what i heard as well. i saw his whole arsenal in Indie last weekend. dudes got some cool axes, and a fuckin mesa triple rec. he showed me some vids of the demons and wizards tour and he was using a gothic explorer. i guess he doesnt have it any more. that'll be cool if he gets another one. looking forward to seeing him with SILENCER next weekend. ah yeah.

Originally posted by The Wanderer
i guess he doesnt have it any more.

He told me about a broken guitar when he was here in Germany. Maybe that was the one. I can't remember, I'm happy I can distinguish a bass from a guitar actually :lol:

And feel free to tell us about the Silencer gig!

We're playing a show on June 1st with Jag Panzer, Seberus and many others in the Ragnarok Festival here in Denver CO, USA. It's an all day metal festival and probably will be the biggest "real" metal festival (Ozzfest doesn't count...most of that ain't metal!) in the region. It's at an 800 seat theater and will hopefully sell out. We're very excited to do this show. We toured with the new lineup including Ritchie in March, but didn't play our home city. This is the first time we've played here since we played with Manilla Road back in December. We'll give some kind of report when the show is over!

HORNS

Originally posted by Starbreaker
We'll give some kind of report when the show is over!

Yeah, do that!
I guess it's always great for a band to play in their hometown. I bet you'll have a party with all your friends and family there!? :headbang:

Ritchie has,and uses alot of different guitars from the custom shop Washburn Dime-slime(which was broken in-flight from the U.S. to Europe last fall) to Hamar, Dean, Gibson, and Fender. He has a Mesa-Boogie triple rec. left over from the "SIMON BARR SINSTER"/"MERCYFUL FATE" tour in `98, plus a Line 6 head added to his arsonal. As for the cabinets, it`s Marshall,Baby! Everything a growing boy needs to slam out the metal again,and again.

Here it is Thursday. Thought I'd give a quick synopsis of the show. Many good bands played throughout the day, including up and coming melodic death metallers Midgard, punk/thrashers Clusterfux and many more. We went on about 8:00 for a 35 minute set. The onstage sound was very, very difficult to hear so in a couple places it was a bit tricky! But not having played in so long in Denver made for a hellacious energy. We played six songs which included the Sabbath "Into the Void" cover we did for WW3 Records last year plus our five best originals. The crowd were very supportive and rowdy, felt great to play back home again! There were many SILENCER shirts in the audience, but Angel Dust ones as well! Many AD fans met Ritchie and a good time was had by all. And you guessed it! Many a beer were drinken in celebration after the gig!

As for the bands that followed us, Serberus played a blistering set with material from their brand new album Descension (out on Crash Music) and a couple new ones. Jag Panzer closed the night with a great, great set with about the best setlist I could have asked for. Well, I would have liked to hear "Powersurge" or "Cold is the Blade" from their neweset, but they sounded and looked great.

We should have some photos from the show on our website early next week. I'll post when they're up!

Oh! For gear (the original thread topic) Ritchie this time used a Jackson Kelly (Marty Friedman signature series) with a Line 6 Flextone II head and two Marshall JCM900 cabinets. Our backline never sounded better! (His Line 6 complements nicely my Marshall JCM2000).

Cheers!