Rites of Darkness III

I picked up my ticket earlier today and just read that Drawn and Quartered have been added to the prefest :kickass: They've been kicking my ass lately

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4Yr8a7EVG8&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm apparently a confirmed vendor for this show...which is good and bad. Good because, well, I may sell something, and bad because it's an 18 hour drive or some shit and I will have to stay semi-sane. Then again, good because I will probably save hundreds in booze fees if I'm not wandering aimlessly.

Any of you lads still going to this? I'm starting to feel wise by not pulling the trigger, considering two-thirds of the bands are in limbo, and another third has dropped for other bands. Still going to be one hell of a fest, but the uncertainty of the lineup makes it hard to justify shelling out the clams for airfare in December of all months.

The line-up seemed too good to be true and when Behexen, Urfaust and Mortuary Drape dropped off I didn't think much of it because there's always a few bands that are forced to cancel festival appearances. In the last week a bunch of bands dropped off and came out and said it's because of the organizer's incompetence. The line-up is still strong even with Root, Dead Congregation, Hour of 13, Demonical, Interment, and Tribulation falling off. Now it's a possibility that Stargazer and Zemial might not make it and that would really kill me because those are 2 of the bands I want to see the most.

The promoter really shat away any and all good faith he had. Apparently Loss backed out because the promoter reneged on his promise to pay for a van rental/hotel up front, and wanted to fork the dough up after they played.

Pagan Altar is teetering now. Douchebag promoter cant offer any reassurance that their hotel is booked for the previously agreed 4 day stay.

Edit - It's official they're out.