Rites of Darkness III

Not a good scene at all. Bands that played last year said he was pretty unorganized and over his head then and this years was to be bigger. I was originally devastated that I had to cancel my trip but now it's not so bad. Still a great line-up, though (for the time being).

Urfaust played NY about a month or two ago and one of them made a vague comment on NWN about perhaps not attending RoD III. It was at that point that I knew going wasn't a good idea.

It's a logistical nightmare and there is a monumental amount of work involved to put on such a fest in the US. There's no way one person alone could pull off all the organization required and regardless it would almost certainly be at a personal financial loss.

Nick, don't forget there is that pre-fest the day before too and I recall there being some damn good bands on it (unless that has changed as well). Attend that as well if you can!

damn ... this fest isn't going to happen.

either that or the remaining bands will put on a hell of a show.

NunSlaughter/ Hell Militia, both out.

LOfnL, really?

riteslol.jpg

Have you looked at the royal carnage picture thread lately? You tell me. :loco:

In seriousness, these cats are flying thousands of miles, while not receiving a kopeck of compense. They're taking time away from their jobs and families to be tugjobbed by a shlep who in February wanted to be the grand puba of N.A fests, but is little more than a step in for Ralph Malph. Many turned down other fest opportunities to play at Rites, and they've have been thanked by being cold shouldered in communication. I really hope he gets his fucking teeth knocked out for even coming close to hooking me for a flight and tickets. Thankfully, I'm one of the lucky ones where this is all just great theater.