Riverside at Nearfest review

Pellaz said:
Err, assuming you watched 'em, how were the Ozricles? I can't see them on this current tour since they're not playing anywhere near here, and I'm a bit leery since they kicked Jon out of the band.

Of course I stayed for Ozric! I love them, they were one of the main reasons why I went... :) They were great as usual!
I miss having the crazy guy on the middle of the stage, it added a lot to the show, so it kinda sucked not having him... But the show was very good regardless!

The 3 shows I wanted to see the most were all amazing! Guapo, Riverside and Ozric...

Angrafan said:
Of course I stayed for Ozric! I love them, they were one of the main reasons why I went... :) They were great as usual!
I miss having the crazy guy on the middle of the stage, it added a lot to the show, so it kinda sucked not having him... But the show was very good regardless!

The 3 shows I wanted to see the most were all amazing! Guapo, Riverside and Ozric...

Cool, cool. They're one of my favorite non-metal bands, and a band liked or loved by a surprising array of metal muzos -- Mikael Akerfeldt and Peter Lindgren of Opeth, Mike Portnoy of DT, Christofer Johnsson of Therion, Devin Townsend, and Gregoor Van Der Loo from Lemur Voice, for starters. :headbang: If you have the Waterfall Cities CD, you can find me inside.

There has been a lot of speculation about the lineup and such after Jon was ousted and -- before that -- when Ed's new American wife Brandi was brought in. Tour reports, including yours, indicate that things seem to be working for 'em, which is great news indeed!

Wish they were playing closer to here, though. :cry:

BenMech said:
July 25th. on Sony's RedInk label

"The Exact Colour" and "The Twyncyn/Trembling Willows" are superceded by "Nimos and Tambos" and "In Aurelia".

you can hear the new version of "Nimos And Tambos" on their myspace now: http://www.myspace.com/purereasonrevolution

It's much better than B-side, altho not quite "Trembling Willows."

different cover for the US version too
Dark_US.jpg

Kyle