Riverside NA debut at NEARFEST this summer

Soundscape

Sep 16, 2002
Maplewood, MN
allmediareviews.blogspot.com
Just read this on progressiveears.com

I'm not into them, but considering the numbers of folks around here who are (and the hope for PP) this seems relevant news. Keith Emerson also was announced recently btw.

RIVERSIDE TO MAKE NORTH AMERICAN DEBUT AT NEARFEST 2006!

We are very pleased to announce that the outstanding and extremely popular Polish progressive rock quartet Riverside will be making their North American concert debut at NEARfest 2006.
This Riverside performance will be an exclusive engagement, as the band's just-approved visas are valid only for the four days around the festival.

With their dark yet uplifting, light yet heavy, aggressive yet pensive signature sound, Riverside has produced two excellent CDs, Out of Myself (Laser's Edge) and the just-released Second Life Syndrome (Inside Out Music). Riverside have toured all over Europe, headlining festivals and thrilling audiences in numerous countries. Now, for the first time, American progressive music fans will have an opportunity to see and hear one of the brightest new bands on the scene. Please join us in welcoming Riverside to NEARfest and the U.S.A!

The Patron Program signup window is still open until tomorrow night (Wed. Jan. 18 at 9pm EST). You can find the link to the signup page at the www.nearfest.com homepage.

Rob

PS- still can't believe we got Visa approval 4 days after the Dept. of Homeland Security received the application! There must be a prog fan in the Visa office that rammed it through!

Kyle

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH MY FUCKING GOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I CANT FUCKING BELIEVE IT, IM IN TEARS OF HAPPINESS! OH MY GOD
OMG OMG OMG

Yeah my friend and I are thinking about making a long drive up there to see the show. Seriously, ELP is one of my favorite bands...so Keith Emerson is amazing and I must see him. Niacin is pretty sweet too. I'm also digging that KBB band or whatever.

Anyone know how much tickets are going to be, because if they are too expensive I might not be able to make it?

$225 for patron tickets. But the difference between that and the regular tickets (price not yet posted) is tax-deductible.

Glenn, please incorporate yourself as a 501(c)(3) immediately. :tickled:

^That's just the patron seats (first five rows, I think). The other ones are much less.

Yes, the show sells out quickly, usually in a day. However, much like PP, there are many tickets for sale later on. And much like PP, you can find them if you watch the official forum. I'm sure some end up on Ebay as well, though I'm not positive about that.

dt