Rme Fireface installation problems.

Seizure.

Jul 13, 2005
holland
www.seizure-music.com
Hi!

I just bought a RME fireface 800, and i just can't get the damn thing installed.. the computer doesn't even see it yet when i put it on with the firewire cable in.

I don't have the Installer cd aswell since i got it second hand and the guy lost it.

So anyone with a RME fireface.... help! what hell am i doing wrong!

Thanks alot in advance!

Jb!

Hi!

I just bought a RME fireface 800, and i just can't get the damn thing installed.. the computer doesn't even see it yet when i put it on with the firewire cable in.

I don't have the Installer cd aswell since i got it second hand and the guy lost it.

So anyone with a RME fireface.... help! what hell am i doing wrong!

Thanks alot in advance!

Jb!

If you are using SP2, then I know whats wrong. A install of the old SP1 firewire drivers will fix the problem. If this is your case, let me know and I'll walk you through it. I had the same issue with my firepod, thought it was busted, but i tried the old drivers and it works fine.

I have never had as much trouble getting a Firewire interface to work as the Fireface800. It's a great interface, but an even bigger problem. I didn't have any installation problems though, just couldn't get audio to playback without glitching. Also, if you go to their site, there is a walkthrough on how to install the old SP1 drivers ect...

Mine works flawless. First thing you can do is to try a different FW cable. A friend of mine had that problem. It came with a faulty fw cable.

Seizure, do exactally what I tell you here-

1. Goto your windows directory, open up the folder 'driver cache' then the folder 'I386'

2. There is a file called 'sp2.cab'. Rename this file to 'sp2_old.cab'

3. Download these SP1 firewire drivers

4. Extract the files to a folder where ever you want.

5. Copy the files you just extracted(should be 3 of them). Goto the 'windows' folder, goto the 'system 32' folder, goto the 'drivers' folder, and then paste the files you just copied there.

6. Restart your computer, and all will be well(hopefully).

Let me know if it works for you.