Roadrunner Records

J. said:
3 Inches of Blood

These guys fucking rule. Gonna see 'em at Download methinks :headbang:

You only just notice that Roadrunner sucks? Dude, fucking GROMIT record label :yuk:

I knew they sucked, but I never visited that site until yesterday, and finally saw what "bands" (I use that word loosely) were on the label.

If that Opeth story is true, that funny. So they got a keyboardist now? So this new one will be symphonic black metal, then? :loco:

speaking of Machine Head, they've been confirmed for Wacken, replacing none other than Gaydus Priest:

Dear Metalheads,

there were many speculations about our surprise act. The romur mill was blowing... Many of you thought of Judas Priest and they're right! Judas Priest was confirmed! This would be an absolute "hammer" for you and us, but sadly they had to call off, because they didn't get enough shows in Europe in August so it would did not make any sense for the band to fly over from USA to Europe. Luckily we did not announce it!

We were put off now on 2006. 100,000 flyer, which lay ready, are heading now into the press.

But we're lucky and proud to announce another favourite band, who never played in Wacken:

MACHINE HEAD will come exclusively and finally to the W:O:A and will play on friday!

Will they break the record of Children of Bodom with more than 5000 crowdsurfers at the W:O:A 2004?

J. said:
there were many speculations about our surprise act. The romur mill was blowing... Many of you thought of Judas Priest and they're right! Judas Priest was confirmed! This would be an absolute "hammer" for you and us, but sadly they had to call off, because they didn't get enough shows in Europe in August so it would did not make any sense for the band to fly over from USA to Europe. Luckily we did not announce it!

How gay of Priest! :mad: Not enough shows?! The fuck?!

I couldn't care less about what label Opeth are signed to - as long as I can pick up their albums in the shops and get a chance to see them live, then the label are doing their job. Of course, if Ross Robinson produces the next record and Corey Taylor does guest vocals, I might have a problem (even though I do quite like Slipknot, albeit in small doses). As for Roadrunner in general, they just spot trends and move with them. Hell, those death metal bands you guys were on about were only signed when death metal was the big thing. They're about the most professional rock-centric label out there, and the bands they sign are a reflection of what the mainstream rock/metal audience are getting into at the moment. If you're not into the bands, don't listen to them - it's not as if Roadrunner A&R peeps are breaking into your house and replacing your CD collection with Nickelback releases...

roadrunner are a sad money grabbing pathetic sack of corporate shit

the only reason that obituary are still there is because they owe them an album from thier old contract
and now that death metal is selling again they can make some $$$$$$$$$$ off thier backs
if they had have kept going back in the day they probably would have been dropped with all the other extreme acts

basically they made enough money out of extreme underground bands to allow them to become the shite they are today, pumping out any shit with a guitar that'll appeal to the lowest common denominator of rock kids under the guise that its the lastest happening heavy thing

if grindcore started being the next big thing (which it won't) they'll be the first in line to sign every cunt with a blastbeat regardless of quality

'tis official now:

"We can now officially announce that Opeth has signed a worldwide contract with Roadrunner records. The rumours were true! The new album is set to be released sometime in the late August or early September of 2005.

Opeth has cancelled their Vienna/Austria Aerodromme festival appearance (May 27) due to the recording taking longer time than expected. We are very sorry for the fans who expected to see Opeth there, but we hope to return to Austria as soon as humanly possible!

The recording process is going well. One song is mixed and done, another one in the process of being mixed. Solos are being recorded as well as death screams. Some songtitles? "Ghost of perdition", "The baying of the hounds", "Isolation years" and "Harlequin forest" The record plan to be done by June 1."

Source: www.opeth.com

Erik said:
Shit band signs to shit label; film at 11.

I thought Opeth was the ONLY "gay" band that I don't enjoy that you actually enjoy?

Edit: That was probably the worst sentence (grammar-wise) ever, but I can't be arsed to rewrite it.