Roadwarriors: Progpower roadtrip discussions?

Smc316

Resident
Sep 20, 2014
This is a place for anyone roadtripping to share their plans, probable travel routes, key hot spot destinations they plan to stop at along the way there/back, and the like.

Three (and maybe four) of my friends will be tripping down from New England. Two from Vermont, one from New Hampshire, and myself/one potential other from Massachusetts. Not entirely sure on the vehicle or route yet.

But we're hoping to hit up the Riverside headline show that Sunday night in Virginia, since it's literally on the way back.

Anyone else roadtripping? I'm just curious about the journeys others have planned!

I'm driving from Nashville. Just going to come down 24 and hop over to 75 in Chattanooga. I always make a playlist that's long enough to make it there without starting over.

I'm driving from Nashville. Just going to come down 24 and hop over to 75 in Chattanooga. I always make a playlist that's long enough to make it there without starting over.

Is it just you? Making any interesting stops (that you know of) on the way there or back? :)

It's just me. I'm driving straight through. It's 3-4 hrs. Not too bad. I've done it once before alone. Having that space to myself to just drive and listen to my music is an important part of the weekend for me.

My friends and I drive down from Chicago. We don't tend to stop for sightseeing, but we do like to stop at the Stuckey's near Monteagle, TN because...you know...why not? On the way back we usually stop in southern IL and eat at Don Tequila's, which is a Mexican restaurant. Nothing really of note, just general goofing off and eating of the foods. :)

My step dad and I drive down from the Cleveland, OH area. I-71 to I-75 and thats it. Takes 10-11 hours depending on traffic and whatnot. No notable stops or anything.

I've done it once before alone. Having that space to myself to just drive and listen to my music is an important part of the weekend for me.

I like that a lot too. I look for excuses to go to out of state shows because of this part of the appeal. I've driven to ProgPower twice, but not this year (flying). In 2012 I timed it so that I hit the Primordial/While Heaven Wept/Vektor show in Raleigh NC the day before the fest, so I saw Primordial two days in a row. That was cool.

Damn....your car must be awesome!

16069.jpg