Morgana Lefay Forced to Cancel ProgPower USA Appearance

Sorry to hear that Glenn, Morgana Lefay and co. :(

I'm amazed that the website states a two week waiting period for a P-1 visa!
I can certainly confirm the difficulties and the hoops the bookers and the bands have to jump through to sort out the visas. Seems like the Swedish experience is very similar to the Australian one. We once received a tour offer 10 weeks out from its commencement. Even that was not enough time. Our consular appointments could only be arranged two days after our flights to the USA were scheduled to leave - and this was after paying in excess of $500 per person for the priority processing (after paying for petitioning, interview and issuance fees of course!). If it weren't for the perpetual good guys at Virgin Airlines taking pity on us and allowing us to reschedule, we may have been out an additional $10,000 in flights.

This little Photoshop thing captured our heightened frustrations at the time:
Funny.jpg

Fortunately this time around everything has worked out smoothly, due in no small part to Glenn, Marc, and the professional PPUSA team!
Hopefully, with continued pressure (and lawsuits!), the process may be reviewed by the powers that be in the future so they don't have to deal with all this red tape and uncertainty.

Glenn - I'm sorry that you have to deal with all the bullshit that is well beyond your control. I keep hearing similar issues with other bands, so I knew something like this could occur.

Looking forward to whoever you find as a replacement! :)

So sorry to hear this Glenn, you've really had more than your share of bad breaks this year - thanks for putting up with it!!!

That's a major bummer. I'm sure that there were a pretty decent amount of folks who were looking forward to seeing Morgana Lefay. I can only imagine all of the headaches that Glenn, the visa guy, and the band have to go through to make what should be such a simple process a reality. My sympathy goes out to all involved as well as all of the fans that wanted to see the band.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Thanks for all you do to keep this festival up and running Glenn. We (as always) have complete faith that you will find the best replacement that you can at this late date. We're happy to be in Atlanta and support you, Jen, and the festival no matter what.

Sorry you have to go through this shit all the time bro ....... to do what you do to put this thing together and then to be rewarded like this has to be beyond frustrating.

Best wishes to you brother.......keep up the great work that you do.

wow....will keep my political thoughts to myself as they are not needed.

I have no doubt you can yet again pull a rabbit out of the hat and find a great replacement

What a major bummer not a fan of the band myself but I know a lot of people were looking forward to seeing them. Are government really sucks right now. Keep up the good fight and don't retire the festival please

This one hurts a lot. *sigh*

Enough already! I got a lot of grief from them when they were INS, but this year has topped it all.

Sorry the fest peeps (bands included) have to go through this year after year.

Allow me to add my fuck to the ever-growing Matterhorn of Fucks that is accumulating. I would also like to throw an extra-crispy motherfuck on top.

When the announcement was made the only thing I saw at first was Morgana Lefay. While the roster is pretty much a grand-slam at all turns, this was a sentimental favorite and it is a huge disappointment to not be seeing them.

That said, I am looking forward to seeing what Harv reveals for the replacement. If by some odd chance Ghost Ship Octavius is the replacement I may not be able to contain myself and might personally carve Harv's effigy on Stone Mountain.

Holy crap, that bites. What a freaking cluster of a system. Given the $$$ that the festival brings in to local hotels, restaurants, etc., any chance that an ATL-area politician would help take this cause on to prevent issues like this from happening in the future? You'd expect that the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra down the street would have an interest in this as well, as most local orchestras bring in performers from around the world.

Talk about getting kicked in the nuts and then handed a shit sandwich! I was actually looking forward to Morgan Lefay myself. I feel for the sponsors (having gone through this myself with Anubis Gate), the band, Glenn and crew (for having to put up with the bullshit coming from UCIS), and the fans that were really looking forward to seeing these guys. Perhaps offer Morgan Lefay a slot again for next year?

But still, getting Jeff Scott Soto for the replacement is pretty fucking awesome!

I feel for the sponsors (having gone through this myself with Anubis Gate), the band, Glenn and crew (for having to put up with the bullshit coming from UCIS), and the fans that were really looking forward to seeing these guys. Perhaps offer Morgan Lefay a slot again for next year?

But still, getting Jeff Scott Soto for the replacement is pretty fucking awesome!

The USCIS is full of bullshit! Like Steve said, we both know what it's like for our band we were sponsoring to cancel before the fest. :cry:

However, JSS is definitely an upgrade! :headbang: :kickass:

For Citizens looking to remove conditions, as of May 31st they're up to November 2, 2014. Julien might have his valid GC by the time ProgPower rolls around, but we're not holding our breath. It's totally f*#$ed up.

Sorry to hear that Glenn, Morgana Lefay and co. :(

I'm amazed that the website states a two week waiting period for a P-1 visa!
I can certainly confirm the difficulties and the hoops the bookers and the bands have to jump through to sort out the visas. Seems like the Swedish experience is very similar to the Australian one. We once received a tour offer 10 weeks out from its commencement. Even that was not enough time. Our consular appointments could only be arranged two days after our flights to the USA were scheduled to leave - and this was after paying in excess of $500 per person for the priority processing (after paying for petitioning, interview and issuance fees of course!). If it weren't for the perpetual good guys at Virgin Airlines taking pity on us and allowing us to reschedule, we may have been out an additional $10,000 in flights.

This little Photoshop thing captured our heightened frustrations at the time:
Funny.jpg

Fortunately this time around everything has worked out smoothly, due in no small part to Glenn, Marc, and the professional PPUSA team!
Hopefully, with continued pressure (and lawsuits!), the process may be reviewed by the powers that be in the future so they don't have to deal with all this red tape and uncertainty.