Visa approvals

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
After last year's debacle, I thought a few people would be interested to know what is going on this time around....

We applied for 9 total visas this year (with the remaining ones taken care of by the bands themselves). All 9 visa applications have been approved by the UCIS. That is the MAJOR piece of the application process (and where we got screwed last year).

The rest of the process is now in the hands of the bands themselves as they obtain the actual visa stamps upon completion of their interviews at their respective consuls. I expect absolutely no problems with that.

I want to take this moment to recognize Marc "The Visa Guy" Gessford for his outstanding and dedicated work this year. Take a bow, Marc. You deserve it.

That is even more good news regarding this year. Congrats Glenn, take a bow yourself, news like this after the past few years in this department, you deserve it too.

Marc: You're the man!

Great news and props for the hard work involved. I refrained from posting about this before but this was actually the exact reason I hadn't yet bought my ticket for this year's show: I was waiting to see what unexpected lineup issues developed (most likely from Visa problems). Let's hope the band-handled ones go similarly. So Glenn's made (at least) one more ticket sale by posting this.

That's awesome news Glenn! We always have that worry in the back of our minds. Big props to you, Marc and all of those involved :worship: :headbang: