Rob Halford on coming out in the metal world

Status
Not open for further replies.
AeonicSlumber just takes every opportunity he can to be an asshole. He's a troll. A very eloquent troll, but still a troll.

I enjoyed reading the interview. It may be old, but I haven't seen it prior to this. It was a good interview, and worth Nailz reposting, IMO.

I wasn't the only one saying it. There was someone else but I guess he deleted his post. You probably need to look up what a troll is because you obviously don't know.

Come on dude, don't be a dick. So if anyone posts a link saying "HOLY SHIT, I JUST HEARD DREAM THEATER'S AWAKE FOR THE FIRST TIME AND IT'S FUCKING BRILLIANT," you'd give him the same attitude?

Seriously bro...

I love that I crack a joke and everyone thinks I'm being a dick. To answer your question, obviously not because albums aren't news. This is an event that happened over a decade ago.

And as for the coming out itself, it hasn't changed a single thing. The metal scene is just as homophobic and intolerant now as it was in 1998.

I love that I crack a joke and everyone thinks I'm being a dick. To answer your question, obviously not because albums aren't news. This is an event that happened over a decade ago.

And as for the coming out itself, it hasn't changed a single thing. The metal scene is just as homophobic and intolerant now as it was in 1998.

Dude, regardless. You and I know very well that your posts are more often than not filled with arrogance. That's what you portray and that's how quite a few people see you in here. You obviously didn't indicate anywhere on your post that you were cracking a joke. To me it sounded much more like a smart-ass snotty remark than anything else. And let's face it, you're a pro at those. Now if you really had only the intentions of being playful, than I have no problems with that. Didn't come across as such on your original post, but if you say so, it's a moot point.

1. No one understands your brand of humor. I know this because I share it. I've just toned it way down as I've "grown up".

2. His coming out happened over a year ago, the interview was covering the outcome of events that was related to it and how it affected himself, his status, and his career.

Except it isn't. Take it from me, who has first hand experience with how utterly accepting and not homophobic the metal scene actually is. Somewhat insensitive, sure, but definitely not hateful.

I wasn't the only one saying it. There was someone else but I guess he deleted his post. You probably need to look up what a troll is because you obviously don't know.

:lol: right. Every time you post, you prove what a troll you are. As I said, you're an eloquent troll, but you are still a troll.

http://www.flamewarriors.com/index.htm
I'd say you're an Idealogue, as per the linked list. Though, the Tireless Rebutter may be apropos, as well.

Oh dear, it seems I've succumbed to the troll's *ahem* trolling and have derailed Nailz thread.

Take it from me, who has first hand experience with how utterly accepting and not homophobic the metal scene actually is. Somewhat insensitive, sure, but definitely not hateful.

I've noticed similar. There is a metal community on livejournal that has people from all sexual backgrounds in it, including a Furry, and a transgendered person. Yes, there was some insensitivity and stupidity (especially around the Furry) but on the whole, folks were accepting of these people.

I've noticed similar. There is a metal community on livejournal that has people from all sexual backgrounds in it, including a Furry, and a transgendered person. Yes, there was some insensitivity and stupidity (especially around the Furry) but on the whole, folks were accepting of these people.

Furry.......Is that what Vin Diesel played in The Chronicles of Riddick?:dopey:

Wait, Rob Halford is GAY!?!?!

Dayum - and I thought all that leather pimp clothing JP sported in the day was because he was a big Quadrophenia fan. Shtoopit me.

And, yes, the Metal Community is amazingly open-minded, as a whole.

mëtålspëd;9567507 said:
Probably one of the funniest comments I've read on these boards. Kudos

It is so awesome, I am unworthy to quote the original comment, so I will quote metalsped's compliment.

But I'm not sure a guy could pull off the original comment with the same sense of boiling success.

Status
Not open for further replies.