Rob Rock

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
Anyone here like this guy? Bought his CD "Rage of Creation" from our good friends at the Ultimate Metal store and it's one of the best CDs I've heard in many a year! Excellent stuff, with a top notch cover of Abba's "Eagle".

Had a look at his website (www.robrock.com) and it's pretty good too. Had no idea he sang on Warrior's "Code of Life" album or on a heap of Impelliteri (sp?) albums. Might have to check them out some time.

Oh, and his website has a vocal tip of the month which is pretty handy.

:headbang:

Yes, yes I do :D I already told you about him AND the Warrior cd and you never went and bought them (until now) I dont know why I bother sometimes Spiffy :)

I DID mention Rage Of Creation! Roy Z produced it, do you really think id let that slip by?

I bough Warrior Code Of Life a while back. Enjoyed it - but not that much. Then I listened to it again yesterday. Much better. :headbang:

I don't mind Christian lyrics so much anymore. I just don't pay too much attention to them, and as long as they don't get too preachy I'm fine. :)

Goreripper said:
His work on Impelliteri's albums is good also, although his Christian lyrics get a bit preachy sometimes.

I agree here on the lyrical content - But his vocals are astounding with impelliteri -
Answer to the master and Screaming Symphony stand out to me, and he seems like one hell of a nice dude - he replies to emails.
Also too , on The first Avantasia CD - Jaw dropping.

:OMG:
Stu

The first Avantasia cd is pretty amazing through-out. Shame about the second..

It's not too bad. In fact it's in my car right now, so I do still listen to it.
I guess it just has less great moments than the first.