Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

so...Sabbath just made it in.

justifiably so.

I visited the HoF several years ago and was somewhat underwhelmed by the experience. I like a fair amount of classic rock and so I wasn't just pissed because of the lack of metal bands.

The coolest thing about it is it's right on Lake Erie (which makes it cool as fuck when the waves are crashing against the ice floes), and the architecture is interesting.
windsor-bill-2003-pietrip-Ohio-Rock-and-Roll-Hall-of-Fame-200.gif.jpg

Who do you think should be inducted, but...give valid reasons why!

The RnR HoF sucks ass. I went there when I went to see the first BW & BK. I was bored shitless. It was amazing how much of Nsynch, Backstreet Boys and Brittany Spears clothing they have. Any organization that feels the need to collect boy band clothing or dedicate an entire floor to U2 aint worth shit.

Zod

In the world of metal, the biggest bands should be in:

Sabbath
Metallica
Iron Maiden
Deep Purple (maybe?)
Led Zeppelin
Judas Priest
AC/DC
Cannibal Corpse

Other than Sabbath, maybe some of the others have already made it? If so, shame that they got there before Sabbath. But then who gives a shit about the hall of fame?

Led Zeppelin has been in the HoF for eons, and rightfully so.

You can't lump them in with those other bands IMO. They transcend a simple "metal" tag. And I believe AC/DC might be in as well. None of the others. Good luck w/ Cannibal Corpse ever being inducted, lol.

JayKeeley said:
In the world of metal, the biggest bands should be in
Rather than inducting Metal bands into some gay and lying Hall of Fame, they should instead be given a viking funeral. Upon completion of the band's final release and tour, the entire band should be put on a ship and the ship should be set on fire and set out to sea.

Zod

General Zod said:
The RnR HoF sucks ass. I went there when I went to see the first BW & BK. I was bored shitless. It was amazing how much of Nsynch, Backstreet Boys and Brittany Spears clothing they have. Any organization that feels the need to collect boy band clothing or dedicate an entire floor to U2 aint worth shit.

Zod

Word.

I remember there being tons of Motown stuff there too... nothing against Motown... but I've never considered it "rock and roll"... This HoF seems to be more of an all-inclusive "modern popular music" HoF than a "rock and roll" HoF.

i am pretty sure that Metallica and AC/DC will be part of it at one point ... the others ... questionable.

General Zod said:
Rather than inducting Metal bands into some gay and lying Hall of Fame, they should instead be given a viking funeral. Upon completion of the band's final release and tour, the entire band should be put on a ship and the ship should be set on fire and set out to sea.

Zod

in that case, I nominate Agalloch and Nile (send them down the Nile for the heck of it) for the first round. :loco:

lurch70 said:
i am pretty sure that Metallica and AC/DC will be part of it at one point ... the others ... questionable.

I was correct; AC/DC is already in the HoF. Metallica will definitely be inducted by the end of this decade (you have to be in existence for 25 years from the date of your first released recording; Kill 'Em All came out in 1983, so they'd be eligible in 2008).

The heavy metal hall of fame is sewed onto the jackets of metalheads everywhere. if not their jacket, then its in their beer cans, zig zag packages and their hair. (or lack thereof)

markgugs said:
I was correct; AC/DC is already in the HoF. Metallica will definitely be inducted by the end of this decade (you have to be in existence for 25 years from the date of your first released recording; Kill 'Em All came out in 1983, so they'd be eligible in 2008).
I'm curious if Motley Crue will inducted. They've sold a lot of albums, have built themselves quite the discography, and are the band that (for me) personifies the 80s.

Zod

General Zod said:
I'm curious if Motley Crue will inducted. They've sold a lot of albums, have built themselves quite the discography, and are the band that (for me) personifies the 80s.

Zod

I don't know, that's a good question. I certainly would vote for them!

I think Van Halen deserves to be inducted before any of the '80s hair bands though.