Rock band Yes to tour with replacement singer - From a TRIBUTE BAND!

Well, let's see...

Judas Priest - Tim "Ripper" Owens (from the Priest tribute British Steel; joined band through connections with Scott Travis)
KISS - Tommy Thayer (from the KISS tribute Cold Gin, though he had previously collaborated with the band years before)
Boston - Tommy DeCarlo (previously covered Boston songs on his MySpace page, which he sent to Tom Scholz)
Journey - Arnel Pineda (from the Philippine cover band The Zoo; discovered by Neal Schon through YouTube)
Yes - Benoit David (from the Yes tribute Close to the Edge; approached by Chris Squire)

Yes is my favorite band and I have seen them 23 times and this completely freaks me out! This is way too weird! Jon Anderson can't be replaced. This fucked up! I'm pissed off! This is way too weird!

In 1980 Yes had a different singer and that was their worst album, but it made sense at that time. This is just too weird.

Oh I get what they are doing. The album Drama that Jon Anderson wasn't on, they never play those songs and there are some fans that want to see it. So they will play those songs and some other songs that Jon Anderson was kind of secondary on. Like some of the 80s stuff. Then they will probably throw in some hits. They probably wont play the real good classic yes like Close to the Edge. I see what they're doing. Then Jon will comeback next year.

I know someone in the YES camp that told me a few months back that there are other reasons other than respiratory problems that led to Anderson being replaced on this tour.

Can you tell me?

Replacing Jon Anderson is like Oingo Boingo replacing Danny Elfman. It doesn't really make sense. If you know Yes well you would know what I mean.

Oh yeah, I know what you mean. I saw Boingo about 3-4 times back in the 80's I have some pics of me and Elfman someplace. Johnny Vatos, the drummer, was super cool too. I've also been a Yes fan since I was a little snot and have seen them about 4-5 times, so, yeah, its like trying to replace Elfman, Plant or Bruce Dickinson (sorry Blaze)....just wouldnt work under normal circumstances, but in this case, I have to agree with their decision. This new guy is a dead ringer, vocally for Anderson in the 70's.

I would prefer to see Anderson back, but after meeting him a few times, I wouldnt miss the guy much.

I honestly can't say what I was told, but the illness isnt the main, deciding factor on his replacement....I just hope they make it back to Austin.

But Jon is the prophet man. How can you replace him? He's what makes Yes that spiritual mind blowing experience. I met Jon lots of times and each time was a fuckin amazing experience. Awesome guy! Smokes a little too much weed though. I had a great coversation with Alan White (drummer) one night in Vegas after a show and told him how I took acid at multiple Yes shows and he told me that was a good thing. PM me with the reason Jon cant join? I should know.