Rockstar:supernova

derek said:
Not to be a bastard, but you do realise you've just taken a rather sheep-like view point of your own?

TV is no more a ruin than beer, drugs or rock 'n roll. The weak of mind will always be impressionable, that'll never end. PLUS, I quite like the state of television. Many great shows with substance and depth are shown each and every day.

On a side note: The adverts for this show over here involved Tommy Lee saying he did not like "packaged and processed crap"and no "pussy, wussy shit". If I'm the only one who sees the inherent hyprocrisy, nay blatant irony, in him saying this about the show then perhaps I should just shoot myself now :p
IT's my own opinion. I don't really believe you can compare the effects media has on people to that of drugs or alcohol as being the same. I suppose yes there are some shows with good substance. Such as shows on the History Channel or TLC or what have you, but too many people plan their lives around tv, "OMG I can't go to the park and get some exercise, American Idol is on"

I'm a lover not a fighter:) , just stating my opinion hun.

As far as that statement made by Tommy Lee, I completely see the what you are saying. It's pretty funny actually.

Brainwashing occurs through a wealth of mediums.

In my view, the ignorant never consider the position, the less ignorant consider the ignorant to be brainwashed fools. The irony being, both viewpoints are pretty flawed. Engage the meta-narrative of this story and the real Truth(s) lie somewhere inbetween.

I don't like Tommy Lee, but back in the day I had a poster of him with the quote "Naked chicks were everywhere, it was fucking amazing",so for that he earns some of my respect :p

I have been watching it, mostly out of morbid curiosity.

You must know that the songs they sing come from a group of songs that are picked by the producers, who obviousy don't have a shit grain of a clue at what type of band that is supposedly being manufactured here. The song selection has been absolute shit, with the only saving grace being the Dilana chick's ability to take any song and make it psycho hot. The Lukas "I am Billy Idol" guy is not bad, or rather, is the least craplike of the rest. There are a few decent singers out of the rest--all of them female--who are completely and horribly out of their element on this show.

The sad thing is that there were a few, quite a few, established metal singers who auditioned for this show, any of whom would have blown all of these poseurs off of the stage (and I will make the exception for Dilana because she could easily front a metal band and kick ass).

In regards to that fucking abortion of a rendition of White Rabbit, am I the only one who is hearing how off-pitch that bastard is? ANd not just on this song. On every fucking song. I'm surprised when he is in key. Horrible, horrible horrible. :puke:

Scott B said:
I have been watching it, mostly out of morbid curiosity.

You must know that the songs they sing come from a group of songs that are picked by the producers, who obviousy don't have a shit grain of a clue at what type of band that is supposedly being manufactured here. The song selection has been absolute shit, with the only saving grace being the Dilana chick's ability to take any song and make it psycho hot. The Lukas "I am Billy Idol" guy is not bad, or rather, is the least craplike of the rest. There are a few decent singers out of the rest--all of them female--who are completely and horribly out of their element on this show.

The sad thing is that there were a few, quite a few, established metal singers who auditioned for this show, any of whom would have blown all of these poseurs off of the stage (and I will make the exception for Dilana because she could easily front a metal band and kick ass).

In regards to that fucking abortion of a rendition of White Rabbit, am I the only one who is hearing how off-pitch that bastard is? ANd not just on this song. On every fucking song. I'm surprised when he is in key. Horrible, horrible horrible. :puke:

I am in agreement you with, The people picking the tunes are clueless. BUT Tommy Lee is an excecutive producer so he apparently is braindead.

And YES that dude is terrible and always off key, very much not star quality.

why are they keeping that stupid, arrogant spanish girl around?