Roland TMC-6 (Trigger to Midi Converter) Experiences?

Mjespo125

Jan 3, 2010
Yo dudes, I've been lurking around the net for information on the TMC-6 in order to make use of my recent acoustic to electric conversion (which is fitted with mesh heads and ddrum pro triggers) and S2.0. Originally I was triggering the kit with the alesis Trigger I/O which frankly sucks in my opinion (Inconsistent, and I can't find a velocity curve that cuts it). I just put in an order for the TMC-6 and I was wondering if anyone had experience/success with either of these units. My goal here is to be able to record the midi information (with as little latency as possible) from the drum performance and mic live cymbals. Kinda like this dude:

I have the RME fireface 400, a quad core pc, and Cubase 5. When using the Alesis Trigger I/O I had little latency when monitoring, but when I went to record the hits (using the USB output, for some reason the MIDI OUT was not recognized) on an instrument track, the hits would be delayed about a half a beat. The roland only has a midi out and apparently registers these hits more accurately. Is the roland going to be any different or should I have just recorded the trigger hits and drumagoged?

Last edited by a moderator: