Slate Trigger - MIDI triggering not Phase Accurate (Reaper)

Donovan S.

Jul 6, 2010
Oklahoma, US
So I have my shells converted to MIDI and the MIDI is phase accurate with the original tracks. Every hit is lined up exactly to the original.

When I use Trigger set to "MIDI IN" a lot of the hits trigger ok. However, a few of the hits flam or are out of phase. Is there anyway I don't have to go through the each drum shell track to make sure every hit is phase accurate?

This is a known problem with Trigger. Hit them up via their support section. I haven't heard much from them regarding a fix. I like to do the same thing with midi, and this is super annoying.

One thing I've been doing to workaround is using the Massey DRT plugin to convert my audio to audible clicks instead of midi (kinda like the output of a drum trigger) and then using trigger in normal mode off that audio instead of the midi.

But you're definitely not the only one with this issue.

This is a known problem with Trigger. Hit them up via their support section. I haven't heard much from them regarding a fix. I like to do the same thing with midi, and this is super annoying.

One thing I've been doing to workaround is using the Massey DRT plugin to convert my audio to audible clicks instead of midi (kinda like the output of a drum trigger) and then using trigger in normal mode off that audio instead of the midi.

But you're definitely not the only one with this issue.

Well that's definitely good to know. Thank you!