Slate Digital Trigger Midi In in Logic

pifos_2

des scoubidoubidous wha !
Jan 15, 2007
Netherlands
www.myspace.com
Hey guys,

whatever i do, i can't input midi into trigger in Logic9.
i checked the midi note and channels, but nothing comes out of trigger...

is there a know bug or a trick that I missed ?

it says in the manual : 'routing a midi track or midi device to the track with TRIGGER inserted on it'.

when i set-up an instrument track with a midi region on it (with the right note and channel), and set up trigger as an insert, it just doesnt work.

anybody knows more about it ?

cheers,

In logic, Effects plugins cannot receive midi, only the single "Instrument" slot on the channel can.

a work-around is to put an instance of Klopfgeist instrument on the instrument slot, and then Trigger in the first effect slot.

Set up Klopfgeist so that it emits a nice sharp "Tick" when a note is played, and make sure to check the option for it to be monophonic in the plugin window.
then set up Trigger so that it triggers cleanly off of the Klopfgeist output.

Hey guys,

whatever i do, i can't input midi into trigger in Logic9.
i checked the midi note and channels, but nothing comes out of trigger...

is there a know bug or a trick that I missed ?

it says in the manual : 'routing a midi track or midi device to the track with TRIGGER inserted on it'.

when i set-up an instrument track with a midi region on it (with the right note and channel), and set up trigger as an insert, it just doesnt work.

anybody knows more about it ?

cheers,

in cubase, instrument tracks
DO NOT work...have you tried it using a MIDI track!?

cheers
S.

In logic, Effects plugins cannot receive midi, only the single "Instrument" slot on the channel can.

a work-around is to put an instance of Klopfgeist instrument on the instrument slot, and then Trigger in the first effect slot.

Set up Klopfgeist so that it emits a nice sharp "Tick" when a note is played, and make sure to check the option for it to be monophonic in the plugin window.
then set up Trigger so that it triggers cleanly off of the Klopfgeist output.

aouch that's what i was afraid of :S
thanks for the trick!

in cubase, instrument tracks
DO NOT work...have you tried it using a MIDI track!?

cheers
S.

in logic, you get only audio track, instrument tracks or external midi.
the instrument track is the midi track.