Role Call - Blind Guardian in Houston this Sunday 12/10

sh0kr0k

Jul 7, 2002
St. Paul, MN
www.myspace.com
Finally!! Seems like an eon of waiting!

Andy & I will be rolling in sometime in the afternoon. Want to have plenty of time to spare after the 4-hour drive. Anyone care to meet up for dinner before the show?

Andy & I will be rolling in sometime in the afternoon. Want to have plenty of time to spare after the 4-hour drive. Anyone care to meet up for dinner before the show?

Ican't wait! I'm SO psyched for this show!!:headbang:

I talked to Shane and we'll definately see him there.

My son and I will leave Plano about 2:30-3 and plan on stopping at the Pappasitas there on IH45 on the way into Houston.

demmit,I'll be comming through 1 day late,ish I would have known about this sooner(very few D.O T checkpoints in TX,would have humped it to get there
Oh well

Uh, yah girl. Annie and I will be there ;) SO good to see you and Andy again. It's our turn to come up your way for a show again now! :-D

Just so you guys know, they apparently have sold out of everything under 2XL except for girlies (this is what I was told by their merch guy at least, but he was being a dick so who knows).
Now tell them all who is the most awesome and perfect girl ever.

it was a great show, but did anyone else think it wierd that the band immediately left the venue after it was over? In cars too, they left the tour bus sitting right there, I guess they had a plane to catch or something? They didnt sign anyone's stuff though =\
They all stayed in a hotel last night (so that's why the cars) minus one of the Leaves Eyes guy who stayed on the bus to "fight off the criminals"

Uh, yah girl. Annie and I will be there ;) SO good to see you and Andy again. It's our turn to come up your way for a show again now! :-D

Now tell them all who is the most awesome and perfect girl ever.

They all stayed in a hotel last night (so that's why the cars) minus one of the Leaves Eyes guy who stayed on the bus to "fight off the criminals"

Ah ok, I'm just wondering why they didnt hang out for a bit and sign some ppl's stuff after the show. Wierd.

Ah ok, I'm just wondering why they didnt hang out for a bit and sign some ppl's stuff after the show. Wierd.

I was able to talk to Hanzi for a bit before soundcheck. He said everyone was exausted and had a bad case of the flu.:ill: They made it through the tour OK until the last week when all the extreme weather changes finally cought up with everyone. He said the climate controls on the bus didn't help either as when they turned on the heat, it got too hot and you could just feel the germs everywhere. During soundcheck he was blowing his nose and didn't look too good, but sounded awesome. You'd never have been able to tell by watching them play that night - they were awesome!:headbang: :worship:

Leave's Eyes was really good too. They signed and took pictures with fans after the show. Tammy & I gave Mathias (the one guarding the bus) a ride to the hotel. His "bed" left the venue without him!

It was fun seeing seeing some of my pals in Houston again - Tess, Shane, Eric and everyone else.

Reactions: TX Metal Cowboy
The bands were staying in a hotel only a few blocks away. We got there early enough to check out the venue and meet almost everyone. They were all very friendly and appreciative of the support, so not coming out after the show for autographs wasn't due to poor attitudes - more likely poor health like Andy said.

Tess & Annie, I wish you girls lived closer! It's definately your turn to come to Dallas for a show! LOL!

Shane, you're the man! Thanks for letting us hear the new track! It's awesome!

I have to say that Leaves Eyes was a huge surprise for me!! I didn't expect them to be that damn good!! Blind Guardian was amazing as always and Andy was right, you could not tell the whole band was sick! Hansi is just an incredible vocalist with outstanding stage presence! It was interesting to see him sipping on his mug between screams :)

Tammy and Andy it was great meeting you two!! Hope to see you again soon.

I have to say that Leaves Eyes was a huge surprise for me!! I didn't expect them to be that damn good!! Blind Guardian was amazing as always and Andy was right, you could not tell the whole band was sick! Hansi is just an incredible vocalist with outstanding stage presence! It was interesting to see him sipping on his mug between screams :)

Ditto to all of that!!! And thanks for offering to do promo for us! You and your wife are awesome, and I'm happy we finally met in person!

It was great meeting you too! So many times I'm in the photo pit with photographers that would rather be doing something else and cant wait for their 3 songs to be over so they can get the Hell out of there - it was nice to share the pit with someone who was singing and headbanging along as much as I was!:headbang: