Blind Guardian - update on new album

nomisofsiman

Sep 19, 2008
Wheaton, IL
I don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty stoked about this one. Also note, he talks about possibly touring the states at the end of 2010. :headbang:

Vocalist Hansi Kürsch of long-running German metallers BLIND GUARDIAN has issued the following update:

"I would like to tell you what is going in the GUARDIAN camp. We are progressing [with the new album recordings] quickly! Even I, who is always last in line, can sense the end of the recording session is close at hand. Maybe another four weeks and we should be done with all recordings.

"Apart from some minor guitar, bass, percussion, flutes and effect parts the time mainly will be used for vocals. I have to sing two more songs, which would be 'Curse my Name' and 'Song 12'. As some of you figured already this hardly will be the title of the song once vocals are finished, even though we have had a live album, which carries the provoking title 'Live'...

"Back to 'Song 12'. After counting all songs (and I did that again and again) I finally figured we only have worked on eleven in total. Don't blame me, blame André [Olbrich; guitar]. He has called it 'Song 12'. What can I do? Well, I do have two choices. I either call it 'Song 11' from today on or I keep it as it is. To create no further confusion I call it the 'Eleventh song which is called Song 12' for now. It is another nice one, to say that much.

"To finish the 'still- to-do-list': We will end up recordings with some gigantic choir sessions, which will take some time to be completed. :)

"Anyway, the stuff so far turned out even better than expected. Keep in mind it is me saying that and I partly have been involved.

"By now I assume it is no secret anymore that we twice have traveled to Prague during the last months for orchestral recordings. What can I say? It sounds brilliant. We have heavily used orchestration in 'Sacred' (yes, the song will be on the album in an even longer and certainly better version) and naturally for 'Wheel of Time' as well as in some other parts on the album.

"As probably said before, this will be our most bombastic and epic album so far. Whether there will be 8 or 9 songs on the album I do not know, by now. But each and every song has a completely different approach in comparison to each other and one complements the other in a perfect way. Except probably for 'Song 5' and 'Song 10'. Or was it 'Song 10' and 'Song 8'? I can't remember. So it won't matter, right? September you will know what I mean. :) We may show mercy and provide you with some small samples, before. If I don't forget.

"What was I talking about?

"As you may have noticed, we have finally started to establish our Facebook profile. For us it is the easiest way to provide you with current information in a constant mode. The page is now run by our webmasters who do have the privilege to get some first hand information directly from the studio while accompanying us or directly communicating with us via Skype (yes, I do know this modern tool, too). For us it is really impressive to see how many people have joined us within such a short amount of time. Thanks for supporting us. We, of course, still check the [official BLIND GUARDIAN] forum to see what is going on there.

"As there were many questions about where and when we play which country on the next upcoming world tour, I can only say this much: The announced shows will only be the beginning of an extensive tour marathon. Our intention, for sure, will be to play all continents, again. I am very positive about a Northern American tour in late 2010. But nothing is yet confirmed.

"As usual, you will find all necessary information with regard to tour dates once they are confirmed on the homepage.

"As for our friends in these European countries where no shows are announced for 2010: Patience is a virtue! Do not worry we will come by in 2011. That's for sure. We, of course, will do everything possible to visit our friends in Asia, South America , Australia and Africa sometime in 2011 as well. But, unfortunately, you will have to wait for announcements a little longer, I suppose. It's just a matter of time, I promise.

"As for the set list and the general live production, I can promise this much: we will perform a lot of stuff from the new album and we are working on some very spectacular visual effects. To be more precise: We have people working on visual effects. :)

"Album title and album cover? We worry when we get there..."

Hell yeah, I can't wait! It's about time they put out a new record!! I read that article this morning and it prompted me to play the Nightfall album in its entirety.

Plus, did anyone see the video the same Blabbermouth article featured? I didn't know Hansi now has short hair! Haha

Another reason 2010 may be the best year for new music in a decade or more.

I found "Twist in the Myth" to be mildly disappointing, but this will easily still be a blind purchase. Curious to hear them with the orchestrations, as I think that will complement them very well.

I also found Twist to be a damn near wreck. I am definitely looking forward to the new album though, and can't wait to do another west coast tour with them.

I also found Twist to be a damn near wreck. I am definitely looking forward to the new album though, and can't wait to do another west coast tour with them.

You mean join Drew in following them at every single show, not leaving their side even when they try to go to the bathroom after eating 3 1/2 pound bean and beef burritos?

Oh, that's right. This time you're going to be taking pictures too!! Sweet!

:lol:

Good news.
I had to miss them both times they have played Chicago.
Hope I get to see em this time around.

Twist was VERY disappointing. It was very weak lyrically I thought.

Sounds from the article that they might play the new one in its entirety live.

I actually listened to their entire catalog in a row earlier this week. I haven't listened to Battalions of Fear of fear in awhile so I put that one on and then just went through the rest. I thought Twist was a decent album. I pull that one out more times than not. I like it a lot better than ANATO. But it's definitely no 'Somewhere Far Beyond' or 'Imaginations from the Other Side'.

I am looking forward to the new release but more looking forward to the tour.

It's what we do. Sometimes, we hope for wet shits so we can collect the used toilet paper, just to be closer to them.

I was super excited to get back to the office with a nice cup of swirl frozen yogurt from Costco. It's really delicious.

Then I went to read your reply.

I hate you today, Pat. I just hate you.

I agree on Twist. While I didn't cringe hearing it, it's had virtually no replay from me, and even hearing the songs in concert did nothing for me. Definitely looking forward to something new.

I can't wait for the new album! I'm definitely hoping it will be a step up from ATITM, not that I think it was a terrible album or anything, I just don't think it was up to par with the classics. IFTOS was the first BG album I've ever heard and it will always remain my favorite, but ANATO and SFB are both tied for second. I love all of their albums really.

:kickass:

And I guess we Danes will just have to go to another country once again, to see BG. They have only played here once....at the smallest venue in Copenhagen, for 80 people.....damnit. Sweden, it'll be.

Btw: Nice to se that their new album will be released the same month as ours.....it makes me confident that our sales are gonna go through the roof, hahahahahaha. I hope people have money for 2 albums

L