ROLL CALL: Theocracy, A Lower Deep, Inviolate

oh, pshaw, we were at a show ourselves last night that didn't end until almost midnight and then we were at the Waffle House until after 2:30 AM, so I don't wanna hear any excuses! :p

hah hah, just kidding man. You stay home and stay safe. Get some rest and we'll see you next time bro!

:headbang:

2:30?! Child's play :Smug: .... hehe.

My offer for money donations always stands, btw ....

I played a show last night that didn't end until 2:30 (The bar couldn't close down because of too many people not wanting to leave .. and we played four encores, haha), and I didn't get to sleep 'til 5. It's been a busy day, and I've only had 3 hours sleep. Honestly, with the show starting in about four or so hours, I can't see myself NOT falling asleep along the 2 hour drive to get there

Its all good, because E.B.S. will see you on December 29th at Sidelines right? :Smug:

although I'll completely understand if you're out of town or something.

Great show last night. Everybody brought their A-game and that was the best show I've seen ALD do. The stuff from Black Marys is phenomenal and I can't wait to get a copy. Inviolate really put on a good show, and who knew that Matt Smith left Theocracy only to be replaced by Santa Claus? Santa, tell Sean that Jon wants his bling-bling back!!!!!!

The only down point of the show was the Kiss cover. Boy did those guest musicians make it sound.....well, like Kiss.

I played a show last night that didn't end until 2:30 (The bar couldn't close down because of too many people not wanting to leave .. and we played four encores, haha), and I didn't get to sleep 'til 5. It's been a busy day, and I've only had 3 hours sleep. Honestly, with the show starting in about four or so hours, I can't see myself NOT falling asleep along the 2 hour drive to get there :(

What band do you play in?

Its all good, because E.B.S. will see you on December 29th at Sidelines right? :Smug:

although I'll completely understand if you're out of town or something.

I'm ALWAYS out of town, haha. I'm still living in Athens, and since I'm usually back home for a bit on weekends it makes my drive a bit longer. I always plan to go to the shows, but yesterday was one of those days where it just couldn't happen ... unless I wanted to risk becoming a ballistic missile on the highway :loco:

Cheiron said:
What band do you play in?

Velvet Runway. We're an 80's cover band in Athens. Some friends of mine (fraternity brothers) wanted to make a cover band for fun, but they needed a lead guitar player. So, they roped me in, haha. You can find a thread somewhere in here where I asked which 80's songs would be awesome to do - I kinda forgot to follow up on that thread .. oops. Anyway, those songs didn't make into our setlists because the band wanted to play songs that were familiar to most people (read: sorrority girls), so most is on the lighter side. Though, I forced them to play heavier songs like Round 'n' Round, Seventeen, Crazy Train, Cum On Feel the Noize, Dr. Feelgood, etc. Though I must say, I do add a metal edge to everything - "Don't Stop Believing" sounds thrashy during the verses :lol: .. so I kinda get my way with everything :heh: Any other questions, just ask :)

yes, thanks so much to all the bands who played last night. You were all great! Some of the best music I've heard in a while in one night! *applauds*

Inviolate really impressed the audience with there no-nonsense straight ahead in your face style of industrial rock and metal. Great stuff! Kadria proved last night that she's not just a pretty belly dancer. ;) She has a set of pipes too! WoW!

A Lower Deep made me quite proud to be their manager. They were tight, heavy, bombastic... just too damn metal for some people. :heh: And that mini-all-star jam with the Halcyon Way guys at the end of your set caught everyone off guard. Detroit Rock City never sounded better - outside of KISS of course! LOL. I loved it! Thanks so much for making that a part of the celebration. :D

Theocracy brought the house down at the end of the night with a great set of old and new songs, mixed with some Christmas surprises. Fantastic set! And that teaser for Mirror of Souls was the best original song of the set in my opinion. The venue manager was even asking for a cd after that one! :cool:

Thanks also to all of my ProgPower friends and family for making the trip out last night despite the weather turning on us. Yes folks, 'rain' is no longer a myth in Georgia! :Smug: But hey, I'm not upset, because God only knows we needed it. And if it took a Pathfinder show to open the heavens and pour rain upon us, then so be it. LOL. At least it wasn't Hurricane Ivan. I'm not that powerful yet. *peers in Glenn's direction* heh heh.

ok... now everyone needs to come out and help us celebrate the New Year early on Dec 29th with some power/thrash metal as Eclipsed by Sanity kicks off the night in support of Acworth's Delusional Mind and Salem, AL.'s Bloodveil. This will be one of the last few 'local' metal shows I produce at Sidelines going into 2008. Next year the shows will be fewer and far between, but well worth the wait. :heh: Big things are on the horizon...

Great show indeed!

pathfinder20071215inviolatesmall02.jpg
pathfinder20071215alowerdeepsmall01.jpg

pathfinder20071215theocracysmall01.jpg
pathfinder20071215theocracysmall02.jpg

I've let Kadria and the guys know that I would love to work with them again. They were very professional, polite, and wonderful on stage. So it's up to them actually to say 'yes' when I offer them a future spot. :)

Thanks also for the kind words about the show overall. It's why I do what I do. :headbang:

I've let Kadria and the guys know that I would love to work with them again. They were very professional, polite, and wonderful on stage. So it's up to them actually to say 'yes' when I offer them a future spot. :)

Thanks also for the kind words about the show overall. It's why I do what I do. :headbang:
I'd love to see Inviolate again. You did a great job putting that gig together, Rider. I am very much looking forward to seeing your future shows at SRL/The Local.:headbang: