Theocracy, A Lower Deep & Canvas Solaris THIS SATURDAY!

It was my first time seeing/hearing Theocracy and A Lower Deep.

Theocracy was GREAT!
A Lower Deep wasn't my cup of tea.
Canvas Solaris was good.

Another great Pathfinder Promotions event last night. The Atlanta area metal fans are really starting to step it up and show great support. Thanks so much to everyone that came out. To all the many folks asking last night about the release date for "Black Marys" the exact date is pending but it will be the very early days of February. Thanks to all you guys that are so supportive and complementary to us, we appreciate you more than you can know.

I missed Canvas Solaris(sorry dudes, I was in North Ga.),
A Lower Deep was great as they always are, a real class act. I always enjoy seeing them(and i was feeling like shit last night), Ace of Spades was awesome!
Last night was the first time i was able to see the full Theocracy set, and they were on fire! Patrick, you are doing a great job on the bass, and the 20 min. song was unreal!
Hoyt has a roster of great bands who, IMHO, hold up to any of the bigger names who are regularly mentioned on metal forums worldwide(that includes my band,hehehe). But seriously folks, Hoyt is becoming a major player in the scene, and he doesn't stand behind a band unless they bring it. So bring yourself, and create a movement instead of waiting on one.

Another great Pathfinder Promotions event last night. The Atlanta area metal fans are really starting to step it up and show great support. Thanks so much to everyone that came out...

hey, the show was great because I work with some very talented musicians and performers. And this show was merely the kickoff for 2008! This is the year traditional metal returns to Atlanta!

:headbang:

I missed Canvas Solaris(sorry dudes, I was in North Ga.),
A Lower Deep was great as they always are, a real class act. I always enjoy seeing them(and i was feeling like shit last night), Ace of Spades was awesome!
Last night was the first time i was able to see the full Theocracy set, and they were on fire! Patrick, you are doing a great job on the bass, and the 20 min. song was unreal!
Hoyt has a roster of great bands who, IMHO, hold up to any of the bigger names who are regularly mentioned on metal forums worldwide(that includes my band,hehehe). But seriously folks, Hoyt is becoming a major player in the scene, and he doesn't stand behind a band unless they bring it. So bring yourself, and create a movement instead of waiting on one.

yeah - anyone who missed Ace of Spades should be shot! That was cool as hell and very unexpected from A Lower Deep. Great job guys, despite the on stage sound issues. I don't think any of us on the floor noticed too much of an issue.

And anyone who missed the new songs from Theocracy - 'Hide in the Fairytale' and the first time on stage for 'Writing in the Sand' and the entire 20+ minute epic 'Mirror of Souls' - then you should be shot a second time. :Smug: LOL.

Seriously though, a great job by everyone involved! And I am humbled by Zane's words. You know, 10, 5, or even 2 years ago I would never have thought I would be involved in the music scene like I have been for the past year (and especially these past several months). 2007 was one hell of a year for me. I've had plenty of ups and a few downs, but it's all good and it's definitely been a great learning experience.

Looking ahead to 2008, Pathfinder Promotions is determined to bring traditional metal back to Atlanta! The Circle II Circle show is just the tip of the iceberg. I am working on several possible shows between now and the summertime that will hopefully surprise and thrill a lot of you here in the southeast. I can't promise anything yet, except that I am determined to make a real difference here in Atlanta.

All I need to make it happen is support from the local and regional metal fans.

So watch the horizon for some great events this year. :heh:

Thanks,

~Hoyt.

Yeah it was a lot of fun performing for the crowd. I had just learned the songs Hide in the Fairytale and Writing in the Sand the afternoon of the show, so for that I think I did fairly well. Its always a learning experience for me at every show. Matt is definitely keeping me busy with material...

Yeah it was a lot of fun performing for the crowd. I had just learned the songs Hide in the Fairytale and Writing in the Sand the afternoon of the show, so for that I think I did fairly well. Its always a learning experience for me at every show. Matt is definitely keeping me busy with material...

I never would have guessed...Saturday night was one of the best Theocracy gigs I've seen! The new songs RULE...this disc is going to blow everyone away!

A Lower Deep kicked ass, as always; I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on their new disc, as well! I was hoping to make the CD Release Party at Insomnia on the 26th, but I just realized we'll be in Orlando that weekend. I'll be looking forward to seeing you guys again on February 29th, though!

Canvas Solaris...WOW...glad I got there early, because these guys RIPPED from start to finish! I'm REALLY hoping to see them at another Pathfinder event SOON :headbang:

Thanks again Hoyt for another outstanding evening of METAL!!!!!!! :kickass:

man, don't even give Billy that kind of ammunition. :cry:

*rubs hands together with evil grin on face* Let's see, what does Hoyt look like? Have you ever seen one of those big black dogs with with bushy looking fur? Well take the ass end of that dog and in your mind give it an Irish ethnic look and put a kilt on it.

man, don't even give Billy that kind of ammunition. :cry:

Here's a pic of me with Urban Breed after the Therion show at PPUSA VI. I haven't changed much since then - except I've probably gotten better looking with age. *shifty-eyed*

heh heh.

Ah ok, yeah I remember seeing you there.

*rubs hands together with evil grin on face* Let's see, what does Hoyt look like? Have you ever seen one of those big black dogs with with bushy looking fur? Well take the ass end of that dog and in your mind give it an Irish ethnic look and put a kilt on it.

Haha ouch.

Pay him no mind - Billy is just jealous cause he looks like the ass end of one of those ugly hairless cats. :Smug:

*looks to Hoyt*

Now don't say I've never done anything for you old man.

haha, all in good fun.

Anyways, I particularly enjoyed Canvas Solaris' set. Definitely proves that instrumental bands aren't all studio-oriented.