Ron - Gordian Knot

While we're on the subject of GK, I'm about halfway through a reflections tab. Did you play enough on that song Ron to be able to have a look at it if I ever get around to finishing it?

Honestly guys, I just played the 5 solos on the Gordian Knot CD, and that was the end of it. I just figured out what key to play in, spent a week or two working things out, then recorded. I wanted to play a bit more on the CD, but Sean already had Glenn and/or Trey recording most of the guitar parts.

When Sean and I first starting talking about the project, he sent me sheet music for "Code/Anticode", and I was looking over it, but when I got the ADAT tape to record my solos, all of those guitar parts were already done. A few of them were played by a synth, I think.

I didn't play at all on "Reflections", Glenn played all guitar parts. I think that's one of the best songs on the CD.

Ron

Glenn wrote like 90% of that one... which is apparent when listening to the 1994 demo version on Glenn's site. I really like that song. And he's rocking on the nylon (as he is on the At War with Self album).

As much as I really like Sean's playing and writing, I believe it was Trey, you and Glenn that made that CD so... perfect (I get that feeling considering the quality of the follow-up, which isn't bad at all, but compared to the first one it's almost a joke). It's seriously one of the best CDs I've ever heard. Oh, and having Reinert play is never a bad move either of course.

In my scientific opinion, I think its greatness might actually be mostly due to Trey.

Without sucking up, the truly best moment on the disc is the outro solo on Rivers Dancing. I get actual goosebumps when I listen to it. Just like I do when listening to Jason Göbel's outro solo on How Could I? Furthermore, I normally think wah-wah is pretty useless and annoying, but it's so awesomely used there.

Yeah besides Reflections, Rivers Dancing is one the most beautiful songs I've ever heard. Redemption's Way is also one.
Add those three songs together and you get the core sound of Gordian Knot, IMO.