Ronnie 2.0

Nico16

Oct 10, 2001
germoney.
I'm just curious...what have you been playing longer - bass or drums? And do you play with your hands or with a pick like Micke did? Must be hard task to replace one of my favourite bassists ;) (I know from those tabs that Micke wrote that some parts of the AWD songs are friggin hard :cool: )

Nico16 said:
I'm just curious...what have you been playing longer - bass or drums? And do you play with your hands or with a pick like Micke did? Must be hard task to replace one of my favourite bassists ;) (I know from those tabs that Micke wrote that some parts of the AWD songs are friggin hard :cool: )

I've been playing drums since I was 7 or 8 years old, that'll be about 20 years and bass since 1990.
The thing is that Amaran is the first band I play bass in so it's a kinda new situation and feeling for me...but I enjoy it to the maximum hehe. :)
With Amaran I play with a pick as I think it's the best way to get it tight. There's a lot of syncronized bassdrum/bass playing and it's much easier to get it tight with a pick.
However, when I play along to records at home, (mostly to Maiden, Helloween and King Diamond/Mercyful Fate albums) I play with my fingers.

Micke is a great bassplayer and a really great guy and I asure you, it's not easy at all to get some of the patterns together with some kind of feel to it hahaha, but I'm working on it.
The tabs he did has been to some help for me but I prefer to learn by ear. ;)

Nico16 said:

Micke was, and still is, a really good and talanted bass player!!! Unfortunately he decided not to continue with us and that was a big loss for us! Ronnie was our first choise when Micke left and Ronnie has proven what an great bassplayer he is and fitted the role very nicely!!! So, as one on the "inside" I can only say that bass playing holds the same quality as before :)

Newflesh said:
So, as one on the "inside" I can only say that bass playing holds the same quality as before :)
Hey, this sounds good :) can't await to hear some material with Ronny feeding the low frequencies...but I guess that may take a while ;)

oh well, I practiced too much...now my hand hurts and I've got to get up for work at 7:00 am (and now it's 2:15 am) ...and I only got three hours of sleep last night...

BTW, Kari: I survived that punk festival I told you of in my email a week or two ago...but it was disgusting as hell! ...believe me, never dare to attend a punk festival! :p