Ronnie Monroe leaves Metal Church....

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
from their facebook wall....

AFTER 10 YEARS, 4 ALBUMS AND MANY GREAT SHOWS & PERFORMANCES, LEAD VOCALIST RONNY MONROE WILL BE LEAVING METAL CHURCH TO PURSUE OTHER INTERESTS. THIS IS REGRETTABLE, BUT UNDERSTANDABLE. WE WISH RONNY SUCCESS WITH HIS NEW ENDEAVORS. TO OUR FANS WE WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT METAL CHURCH IS STILL VERY MUCH ALIVE AND WE WILL HAVE SOME BIG ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR YOU IN THE VERY NEAR FUTURE

will be interesting to see who they get. Many want Mike Howe back but I don't think that will ever happen. I hope I am wrong though.

Ha, I just posted my thoughts on the PP Forum.

At this point if its not Mike Howe, then honestly why bother?

Its not like the Ronny Munroe years escalated them beyond their previous popularity.

They will prolly hire James Rivera for one album and do only select shows.

I totally agree. It seemed from past videos that I have seen of them live and from the last album they really wanted someone to sound like David Wayne. It was really forced. I would love to see Mike Howe come back but from what everyone says ....that is near impossible.

Wonder if they have someone in mind already and thus the announcement. I really hope it isn't Rivera.

I am sure they have a plan, and I agree that realistically it prolly isn't Howe.

Seems like they pushed the new album quite a bit.

Maybe Munroe had an agreement that if it didnt reach a certain level of success he would walk??

I still don't understand how with Jeff Plate's schedule (he is the drummer of TSO for those who don't know), they can get much done.

yeah...will be interesting...maybe they will become a select show / fest band now. It was odd how strong they came out of the gate...had a really well attended tour and then this.