Ron's best work now that Blotted is out?

Aug 27, 2004
So now that pre-orders of Blotted are starting to trickle into peoples' mailboxes, what's everyone's favorite "ron" cd at this point? I have a REALLY hard time putting anything about Ink Compatible, but I think Blotted might just be my new #1. Unfortunately, since I just got it yesterday, I've only been able to listen to it about 15 times so far :lol: so I'll need more listens to decide which I like more.:headbang:

Its weird. Its easy for me to pick between watchtower / spastic / solo cds but when i add this one i just can't really say. This has a much darker/heavier feel to it and its almost like a completely different person.

It's gonna have to be pretty insane to top Solitarily Speaking Of Theoretical Confinement I reckon, that one is pure genius... I've been listening to it in the build up to Blotted Science, it's definately my favourite atm... :D

I'm hearing a friend's copy and I'm only on track 3. So far, I'm completely amazed by just these tracks alone. Needless to say, I just threw down $15 to Ron for my own copy. I can't wait to get this in my hands. I've been waiting for the last 3 years for the release day to come!

Kudos, Ron! Do me a favor and sign that sucker, will ya?!?? :headbang:

:lol:

Ink Complete for me, still. Hard to overcome the nostalgia for an album I've listened to at least 100 times.

Although Blotted Science is probably #2 now, after 6 listens :D This thing is a monster.

But, seriously, is anything Ron's played on not fantastic? I guess I haven't heard his Slayer SA stuff, or was he in Juggernaut? I can't remember which brother was in which band... I guess I could go look it up, but I'm lazy.

But, seriously, is anything Ron's played on not fantastic? I guess I haven't heard his Slayer SA stuff, or was he in Juggernaut? I can't remember which brother was in which band... I guess I could go look it up, but I'm lazy.

Ron was definitely in SA Slayer - for some reason I'm under the impression that Bobby was, too, at some point, but I'm not sure about that.

In any case, and Ron is going to want to kill me again for saying it no doubt, to me the best thing Ron has been involved in (to my knowledge, after half a dozen spins of BS) is still far and away Control and Resistance. If Doug and Ron's writing together clicks, it's like a freak wave of composing and arranging quality, surpassing by far anything they've done apart, however painful the writing process may sometimes be. Yes, I'm still hoping Mathematics will prove my point within the foreseeable future...