Welcome, latest news, etc

jimbobhickville

Tyrant in Distress
Welcome to the Spastic Ink/Watchtower forum.

Here's the latest from the Watchtower and Spastic Ink websites:

Watchtower:

The new WatchTower is not ready.

I know none of you want this news, but it is true. We are to demo all of the material before we actually record it for a release. We will be entering the next step... pre-production (molding the songs, and recording them, possibly re-recording them and/or rehearsing them enough to refine and make changes if needed). We want this to be the best!

ATTENTION : WatchTower is about to release an "unreleased demos" CD on MONSTER RECORDS. This will include amazing unheard recordings from "the boss tapes", the "control demos" as well as unreleased material from before "Energetic Disassembly" was even a concept, or title, for the first WatchTower release! All contributions for this project are from the band's personal collections of recordings, photos, liner notes, lyrics, etc.. etc... (See MONSTER RECORDS on the web at : WWW.MONSTERRECORDS.COM)... More info coming soon!!!

Spastic Ink:

Dec.12, 2001
The latest Ink news is:

1. Well, here's the latest Ink update. I'm still waiting for tracks, but now I don't know who I'm waiting on. The main holdup with "Ink Compatible" has been the drum tracks for the "A Chaotic Realization Of Nothing Yet Misunderstood". A drummer was working on the song for the last 4 or 5 months, but he decided to bail. There is a possibility that Bobby might be able to do the song in a few months. He recorded 6 songs for the CD last year, but now is extremely busy with Halford recordings, touring, clinics, and various other projects. And if Bobby can't get the recording done, we'll all be waiting for a while.

2. Jason finished recording vocals for 4 Ink songs, and has two more to go.

3. The release date for "Ink Compatible" has again been pushed back to "whenever"...

4. WatchTower has finished writing all of the music for "Mathematics", and the CD will also be released "whenever".

So there you have the latest news. As for speculation, I went to the Monster Records site and they list the "Unreleased Demos" CD as being titled "Demonstrations in Chaos" and being released "Winter 2002" (I would assume that means Jan/Feb 2002 and not Dec, but who knows).

Later.

I contacted Jason about releasing the 1987 demo "Instruments Of Random Murder" on a collectors vinyl (10" pic disc or something) but after initial interest he never got back to me. Shame.

I'm stoked to hear the new material though. I have to say that I liked "Control.." but I never got on with the vocals. I was lucky enough to see the band support Coroner, and it was amazing!

lee

Can't wait for Ink Compatible.

I have an Inkomprehensable appetite for crazyness that NO other band is fulfilling at the moment.