Rose Funeral – Crucify.Kill.Rot

genocide roach

DOOOOOOOOOOM
Aug 18, 2002
Rose Funeral – Crucify.Kill.Rot
Candelight Records – 18 March 2007
by Ryan Starr

61dnDhxRAtL._AA240_.jpg

Here we have the debut album from All Shall Perish entitled Hate.Malice.Revenge… wait, never mind. Here we have the debut album from a band that sounds like a pathetic watered down version of All Shall Perish. Their name is Rose Funeral, and they are the latest band to jump on the death core band wagon. Right from the start I’m a little concerned. The first track, which is also the title track, is just one painfully long breakdown. And unfortunately this is the framework for the entire album. There are way too many breakdowns, maybe even more than the Cassius album I reviewed. And unfortunately, their “death metal” riffs aren’t enough to save this album from the garbage pile. And when I say death metal, I mean weak Kataklysm worship. Everything is simplified and dumbed down for the hot topic crowd.

But even though I dislike everything about this record, they’ll probably sell a lot of CD’s and shirts. Actually, probably not, because they’re about 2 years too late. They do have over 14,000 friends on myspace though. So, good job guys, you’re a giant success on myspace. Oh wait, 75% of your friends are probably other bands doing the exact same thing you are. Give it up. Oh, sorry. Give.It.Up

Official Rose Funeral Myspace
Official Candlelight Website

Oooh harsh... 14,000 friends isn't really a huge amount or accomplishment though, hahah... If you would have said 140,000, then I'd say whoo.

Also, I immediately thought of Impending Doom's Nailed. Dead. Risen. when I saw this CD's name... this one is like the opposite, hahah....

Of a release done badly and, unfortunately, when we recieved the advance copies of these from candle light this was the first listened to. I was cringing while waiting for something... ANYTHING to happen in the songs that would change the first impression drawn by the title track. Unfortunately, the substandard musicianship, together with the over produced sound again sells.. we've actually recieved requests to get this in... but i will submit, that unless you're in for a good laugh, or haven't heard enough of this drivvel steer clear. an aardvark's
-(negative)5 out of 100
HAILS

Just to clarify some things that you guys might not know about this band. They first wrote Crucify. Kill. Rot. then shortly after Impending doom stole that idea and wrote Nailed. Dead. Risen.

Also the drum tracking on all of these songs is a drum machine.

There most recent cd, The resting sonata is a lot better than the first cd. I suggest listening to it.

No other band has more gore in there lyrics than this band.

Look for there new cd that comes out sometime this year "The Gates of Punishment"