Rose Funeral beating up on some kids at shows ATTN: MEGA DAVE

my apolagies for not enjoying the faceless all that much?

anyway, ill save the uno for rose funeral, otherwise ill just go get a beer and not be an asshole
try not to take me 100% seriously all the time, yeah?

BUT DUDE ITS METAL, YOU HAVE TO BE 100% SERIOUS,
YOU HAVE TO BE A HERETIC
YOU HAVE TO ACT SUPERIOR TO OTHER PEOPLE
YOU GOTTA BE MEEEEEETAL

<3 gareth i totally agree save the uno rose funeral haha. they proably get a good kick out of it anyway

I dont know, I played a show with the faceless awhile ago. and i must say they trashed around quite a bit and played everything flawless. cause i was surprised to see them moving around and not just standing there.

Maybe they've gotten better at trashing around then. Which would be a cool thing.:headbang:

I love The Faceless, but that said, from the videos I've seen and from what I've heard, they don't really do much else on stage than play their instruments, and that's really not putting up a great show IMO.

I thought they put on a great two shows in Auckland last year. Keene moved around the least but everyone else did a pretty good job. After they played, half of them couldnt stop stage diving and shit, they were having a blast.. Always cool to see that in musicians.
Another thing that makes these guys cool dudes.. They were only booked to play one show here last year, in March, with Satyricon playing the night before and Bury Your Dead playing the night before that. 2am the morning of the Satyricon show, while driving The Faceless back from the airport, we got a call from Satyricon's manager, saying Satyr had spat the dummy in Japan about excess baggage and by the time he finished crying about it, the plane had left.
We approached both The Faceless guys and Bury Your Dead asking if they wanted to do a show with The Faceless headlining and they were both fucking awesome about it - really pulled it together for us. Obviously all Satyricon tickets were refunded but those with tickets got to come to the show for free, and those without were let in for a mere $20! (Cheap as fuck considering shows like that here are normally around $60-80)

wow.....
you gotta take shit on the chin when you're in a band.
only been heckled once.... didnt know WHAT to do.

Seems like the best thing to do when being heckled would be to play along. Have fun with them. If you're confident and proud of your craft, you know that for these few hecklers there are probably still people in the crowd that enjoy what you're doing, and you need to play for those people. Who knows, maybe if you kill the hecklers with kindness or a good dose of humor after the show they might slightly change their opinion of your band. I'm sure they'd still think the music sucked, but they might have a tinge or regret for disrespecting some genuinely cool dudes, even if the music sucked balls.

If I were playing the show and I noticed some dudes playing Uno on the stage, I'd call for a couple beers between songs and set them down next to their cards so they could at least have a nice beverage during their uno game until we got off stage. Maybe even spit-free!