RoSFest 2008

Jan 6, 2006
Ontario, Canada
I was searching around on the Swanö forum the other day, and I found a thread about this thing called the Rites of Spring Festival, a prog festival, held annually in the Philly area of PA. In the thread, there was something about getting the boys in NG over to the USofA to play at this fest, but nothing ever came of it, obviously.

SO, I emailed the following message to the guys that run the fest:

"Hello there!

Get Nightingale for ROSFest 2008!

I will drive from Ontario for the show if you do. :)

Sincerely,

Kris Smith"

Today, I get a response:

"you never know :)"

I think everyone needs to harass these guys into bringing Nightingale to RoS!

http://www.rosfest.com/

Awesome! Glad to see someone taking action on that!! I am the one who originally has been pushing for the folks at ROSfest to bring Nightingale over. I spoke with Dan about it and gave him the low down on what the fest entails. I know the folks who organize the fest and have been to all 4 of the fests so far except the 1st one. I don't know the folks as well as my friend who knows them better, so I get the figures from him. Anywho...that is great to see that some people are letting them know they want to see Nightingale. Aside from the fact that it would be my dream come true...I really do think that Nightingale would fit the bill PERFECTLY and bring some new faces to the festival. And I know several people that it will help attract them to it...It really is a wonderful time (I'm getting goosebumps just thinking of the great time I have every time I attend). Here's to dreaming and making those dreams come true!! :headbang:

Allen

Awesome! Glad to see someone taking action on that!! I am the one who originally has been pushing for the folks at ROSfest to bring Nightingale over. I spoke with Dan about it and gave him the low down on what the fest entails. I know the folks who organize the fest and have been to all 4 of the fests so far except the 1st one. I don't know the folks as well as my friend who knows them better, so I get the figures from him. Anywho...that is great to see that some people are letting them know they want to see Nightingale. Aside from the fact that it would be my dream come true...I really do think that Nightingale would fit the bill PERFECTLY and bring some new faces to the festival. And I know several people that it will help attract them to it...It really is a wonderful time (I'm getting goosebumps just thinking of the great time I have every time I attend). Here's to dreaming and making those dreams come true!! :headbang:

Allen

YES, you were the inspiration for me to email these guys! I really hope they make a pitch for NG to come over. I think it would be great for everyone, all around. Great exposure for the band... great for the festival... and great for the loyal fans!

Come on guys, let's try to make this happen! Email these guys and tell them that you want to see NG in the USA next summer!

George Roldan
grlr@comcast.net
Philly Prog Rock Connection
P.O. Box 687, Coatesville, PA, 19320

Tom Smith
tismith@dcipaper.com
1320 Quarry Hall Road Norristown, Pa. 19403