Roster Update - Kingcrow Cancels

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
We regret to inform that due to unexpected private matters, Kingcrow has canceled their performance at ProgPower USA XIX. We attempted to work with the band on a solution, but it was ultimately best to pull the plug now to avoid further stress.

Before folks start wondering, this cancellation has in no way, shape or form to do with Visas. A replacement band will be announced soon. As for Kingcrow, they will without a doubt be returning to ProgPower at a later date.

This was my one nightmare scenario for Wed/Thu when I saw the roster.

The biggest two draws are now Voyager and Angra and I have already seen them both. Nocturnal Rites is going to be a great set, but lacking Kingcrow, the bill might not even be strong enough for me anymore.

Unless there is a replacement on the same level, which could include Anthriel, Darkwater, Hourglass, Headspace, Galactic Cowboys, MindMaze, Riverside, or Subsignal as far as prog goes.

Oldschool US band replacement. I love to go to PPUSA to see bands that you can't see in the US, but Glenn pulled some bands like Metal Church and Armored Saint from clubs and put them on a stage they belong on. Those bands took the bull by the horns.

Oldschool US band replacement. I love to go to PPUSA to see bands that you can't see in the US, but Glenn pulled some bands like Metal Church and Armored Saint from clubs and put them on a stage they belong on. Those bands took the bull by the horns.
Psychotic Waltz would be an awesome replacement. Prog replaces prog - albeit different substyles - and I'm sure there's a good chunk of the ProgPower fanbase that would be stoked to see them (or I'd hope so, anyway).

My reply sounded great in theory, but in practice, not so much. If there actually was another Metal Church/Armored Saint, then it would be great. Sub-genres be damned........I understand some like power, others like prog. I do respect that, but I like high quality metal material performed at a high level. I thought the high energy oldschool style stuff those bands brought was a true treat. Unfortunately, those bands are a dying breed.

Didn't know Psychotic Waltz was even still around. That sounds intriguing.

Bryant

Psychotic Waltz would be an awesome replacement. Prog replaces prog - albeit different substyles - and I'm sure there's a good chunk of the ProgPower fanbase that would be stoked to see them (or I'd hope so, anyway).

Reactions: Kez