Roster update (Day 1) & more...

That said, I, as someone who had followed the festival for over ten years, is coming for the first time this year and hoped to become a regular, do feel that a bump in ticket price would be worth the security in knowing that we will get what we pay for. From my singular perspective, it's a drop in the bucket compared to travel and lodging.

When you come you will have a good time, and I predict you will be back again. Most of the time Glenn's replacement bands are equal to or better than the ones originally scheduled to play. For example, in my first year to attend the festival (PPUSA XV) Thought Chamber was scheduled to be the opening band for Friday. I can't even remember what their excuse for cancelling was other than it seemed really lame. The replacement band was a band from Greece called NEED, and NEED hit it out of the park. I mean they were REALLY good. It was a memorable replacement, and a highlight of that year's festival for me.

You will come back from the festival with some good memories. If you become a festival regular you will recognize many of the same faces, and if you do it right you will have made some festival friends from previous years that you look forward to seeing again. Have fun, and if if you plan on partying much then Glenn's advice would be "it is a marathon not a sprint, so pace yourself accordingly". That reminds me, whatever became of Nanners?

I full support Glen and the other dudes involved in running this great fest, I am attending PP since 2008 from Mexico City, it is like a vacation time for me, even some years like this one I really don't care much about most ot the bands playing, this year I really want to see Orden Ogan again an one of my legends faves Jag Panzer, but the main reason I keep attending no matter what band is playing or not is the environment of this fastantic festival, every year I go to Atlanta to see some friends, to meet again my friend Mr. Ernesto Araya from Sausalito (it is a shame this year restaurant is not there anymore), to have a chance to say Hello to Jen and Gleen and give them my Little present in a form of a Tequila Bottle to say thanks for keep running PP. I am a big metal fan, some years back I was really excited to see see DREAN EVIL or HIBRIA but suddenly there where not at PP like some bands this year, so I tough, as long as my Friends are there, it will be a great fest too.

Best regards from Mexico City for all attending at PP this year.

Francisco

From Milton Mendonça, PPUSA Day 1 and 2 co-promotor via Facebook:
"Most of you know the kind of year we've had... so we will be addressing the crowd regarding the future of Days 1&2 on Thursday, immediately following the Galneryus' set.
Thanks to all as always for the support!"

Reactions: Blackcastle