PP USA X: Major roster changes

I'm am beyond upset. I am beyond angry. I feel like I have been stolen from. I bought my concert tickets and my plane tickets about a week ago for one reason, Vanden Plas. I did not want to see any of the other bands, I was only going to the showcase. And now I have wasted $550.

I thought the whole reason for waiting to post the showcase ticket links was to make sure everything was sorted out? The ticket links never should have been posted unless it was finalized. I flew into Atlanta last year for one reason, Vanden Plas. I flew all the way out there only to find out once I was there that they weren't going to be coming. I figured that couldn't happen again. That's why precautions were taken and the link for the tickets weren't going to be posted early. I waited to buy my plane tickets until after that, hell I waited at least another week before I committed.

Now I feel I have been played for a fool, I fell for the same tricks twice. I may be able to get a refund for my concert tickets (I better be able to at least) but the the remaining $450 for the plane tickets is a complete waste. I looked into the airline's policy and you can get a refund if it's been within 7 days since you ordered them, well guess what... it's been 8 days now.

I went to progpower IV to see Nightwish and Vanden Plas. I went last year to try and see Vanden Plas again. But now I don't care if you ever have another progpower, whether you do or not I am never coming again. You will not steal from me a third time.

Steal from you? Do you think Glenn is enjoying this? Glenn and Shane did not steal from you. Those two bust their asses to make a successful festival for the likes of you. To accuse them of stealing from you is beyond the pale. The Feds fucked the two of them. The FEDS fucked you. Glenn and Shane DID NOT screw you. Though I am not surprised with the turning down of VP after the Detroit debacle, I AM shocked of the other three. But you owe Glenn and Shane an apology, PRONTO!

Glenn, I feel your pain. Believe me. I had to go through hoops to bring my wife here from the Philippines. When she got here, she was accused by Homeland Security of being a "working girl" and a "slave". The Feds tried to screw her of her change of status application and work permits. Had it not been for me having a relationship with my State Senator (and the fact that I am a State Committeeman for his Party and carry his petitions during the elections), my wife would STILL be waiting for her Permanent Residency. Trust me, I did not want to call in that favor. But, if I did not, my wife may have been forced to go back to the Philippines. That is something that could not happen.

But, there NEEDS to be a better way. Maybe many of the smaller promoters can lobby Washington. That might be your only out, short of hosting fundraisers and carrying petitions. That is what those people listen to.

But, the silver lining in this dark cloud is that two American bands and Mindflow will be playing the main festival. That alone is a small victory for American Prog/Power metal. This festival actually got more interesting now that Crimson Glory can give Midnight a fitting tribute.

On this point, I personally (just me) think it might be a better idea to have Brainstorm close the fest after FW.

We can have discussions of this type for pages and pages. If I apply the same logic Sabaton should be the headliner because they're the heaviest band of the festival IMO. But of course since many are attracted for a good known headliner you have to put such a band in the final slot.

And as for a heavy band and a mellow band side to side I see no problem at all, I always drive with two tapes in my car to work and back: one of hard metal (thrash, doom, power) and one of progressive or mellower stuff. So I can listen to Venom and then Lana Lane without any problem :saint:

Can we please stop refering to a mass exodus as "the Rage effect"? They had nothing to do with it.

I second that!!! I've been to every PP USA since III, and still think the Rage set was one of the best I've seen (despite the "pierced Maiden mosher") and Victor is definitely the best guitarist to set foot on the PP stage!

No offense to Evergrey as they always kick ass live, but having an unscheduled autograph signing session during the Rage set was EXTREMELY classless IMO...

No offense to Evergrey as they always kick ass live, but having an unscheduled autograph signing session during the Rage set was EXTREMELY classless IMO...

In fairness to Evergrey, as I recall they didn't have much of a choice as to when to hold their autographing that year due to scheduling issues...they arrived late or were leaving early or something.

Wow I'm really sad..:( About Andre and Vanden Plas. My heart was set on seeing them.. It's not your fault, and mad props to how you are handling it all and on getting the replacements. Please don't stop the festival. My heart sunk when I heard the news, but I would even sadder if this fest was gone, being the best Prog/power metal fest, with no possibility to be able to try to get these guys back in the future..hopefully they can come back in the near future...:(

In fairness to Evergrey, as I recall they didn't have much of a choice as to when to hold their autographing that year due to scheduling issues...they arrived late or were leaving early or something.

Right, it was just the stars lining up in the wrong way. It was no one's fault. Shit happens.

Wow I'm really sad..:( About Andre and Vanden Plas. My heart was set on seeing them.. It's not your fault, and mad props to how you are handling it all and on getting the replacements. Please don't stop the festival. My heart sunk when I heard the news, but I would even sadder if this fest was gone, being the best Prog/power metal fest, with no possibility to be able to try to get these guys back in the future..hopefully they can come back in the near future...:(
I agree with all of this. Still in mourning. :cry:

Now you're talking. Sabaton and Brainstorm headlining...I wish... because IMHO that would be awesome. :lol: In fact, I got a lump in my throat when I first saw this thread headline, and broke out into a cold sweat as I clicked on it to read the details. My greatest fear was that either one or both of those 2 had visa hitches...whew.

I have no idea about Crimson Glory, so time to go get educated. Cage will be excellent, and even if Mindflow is proggy, I think I'll be okay :)

Thank you again Glenn, though for your level of communication on everything. Looking forward to my third progpower ever (and in a row). Sorry for everyone who is disappointed by the changes... I can only imagine.

We can have discussions of this type for pages and pages. If I apply the same logic Sabaton should be the headliner because they're the heaviest band of the festival IMO. But of course since many are attracted for a good known headliner you have to put such a band in the final slot.

Stunned. Just don't understand why? Clearly not the fault of GH and the festival, just why are the arrogant powers that be making these decisions? It makes no sense. I'm devastated. Thanks for trying, Glenn, and for a great comeback. I just wonder what we can do to address this asinine policy.

Devastated is a better word...:( AngraRules and others from Brazil don't seem that upset..why? Because they've actually SEEN Matos perform..I've been waiting since Angra first came out..first X-Japan canceled the US Tour now Matos, and AGAIN Vanden Plas..this freakin SUCKS. I was SO prepared to rebuy all the Angra, Matos collection, as well as Vanden Plas because my whole CD library is aesthetically messed up from a move...Also Matos was releasing a new CD that we would have been able to preview, buy and get signed! I was going to go ALL out merchandise wise.. :/ I'm pissed...

EDIT: I read the last couple of pages back from the end, and I see AngraRules, you are upset. It didn't show that much in the first page. My bad.

And as for a heavy band and a mellow band side to side I see no problem at all, I always drive with two tapes in my car to work and back: one of hard metal (thrash, doom, power) and one of progressive or mellower stuff. So I can listen to Venom and then Lana Lane without any problem :saint:

TAPES???!!!! You mean they still exist? :OMG:

:heh:

Good riddance !! If you read Glenn's original post, you would notice this situation is well beyond Glenn or Shane's control. I too am a huge VP fan and first bought PPUSAII tickets primarily because they were scheduled. I have had a few PP moments that were frustrating, yet I always enjoy the show and the other bands. I was able to see VP at their PPUSA performance.
Glenn and Shane are, as far as I know the only two people in the US trying their damnedest to get VP to the US. Glenn is responsible for getting VP here and playing PPUSA. How many other people have done that ? I can guarantee you that Glenn and Shane are more disappointed in this than anyone else. These cancellations can cost them much more than $550, I guarantee you.
I understand your frustrations and in fact, haven't always seen eye to eye with Glenn on all issues, but I have never questioned his extreme hard work to get the best bands at PPUSA that he possibly can. The immigration system is the root of this problem, not the promoters of this fine event.

Bryant

Very classy post by the biggest VP fanboy I know

Devastated is a better word...:( AngraRules and others from Brazil don't seem that upset..why? Because they've actually SEEN Matos perform..I've been waiting since Angra first came out..first X-Japan canceled the US Tour now Matos, and AGAIN Vanden Plas..this freakin SUCKS. I was SO prepared to rebuy all the Angra, Matos collection, as well as Vanden Plas because my whole CD library is aesthetically messed up from a move...Also Matos was releasing a new CD that we would have been able to preview, buy and get signed! I was going to go ALL out merchandise wise.. :/ I'm pissed...

EDIT: I read the last couple of pages back from the end, and I see AngraRules, you are upset. It didn't show that much in the first page. My bad.

Yeah, I'm glad you read the earlier posts. I've never seen Matos either, bro. Trust me. I think only Glenn's disappointment tops mine.

I went out in the streets after I found out he canceled and here's the result. This will show you how pissed I was.

lebanon-destroyed.jpg

:lol:

Now you're talking. Sabaton and Brainstorm headlining...I wish... because IMHO that would be awesome. :lol: In fact, I got a lump in my throat when I first saw this thread headline, and broke out into a cold sweat as I clicked on it to read the details. My greatest fear was that either one or both of those 2 had visa hitches...whew.

Tell me about it! I was about ready to shit a brick, but thank God that Sabaton's visa went through just fine! *WHEW*

AngryRULES ?!?

Yeah, I'm glad you read the earlier posts. I've never seen Matos either, bro. Trust me. I think only Glenn's disappointment tops mine.

I went out in the streets after I found out he canceled and here's the result. This will show you how pissed I was.

lebanon-destroyed.jpg

Okay, I'll be the first to say I'm sorry for calling Shark83 a junior member...even though that's what it said right below his name...because he only had 11 posts...wasn't trying to be rude but coulkdn't remember his actual handle, hnce my (now deleted) referral to him as "junior member Shark-dude."
Claus is right, and I is ashamed.
*sits in the corner*
It just makes me so angry when someone who is clearly so uneducated and uninterested in what really happened just decides to come galivanting into this forum and trash Glenn.
So, my apologies to Glenn and everyone else who believes in the integrity of this forum..I am one of them and I was out of line.
It's been rough times.
Eck. :erk:
So, back on topic, I'm really excited about this year despite the roster changes.
Of course I'm stoked for CG but then, I'm horribly biased. *swoon*
But Primal Fear? Brainstorm? Fates Warning? Holy buckets, it was gonna be a kickin' show anyway!
I hope we see many more ProgPower Fests in the future...I'm keepin' the faith.