PP USA X: Major roster changes

I don't point this out to justify his inapporopriate inferences, nor reflect any blame for government bureaucracy upon either Shane or Glenn. It is mearly a reference to his increased sense of frustration.

I think I was thinking about the other delay after June 1st. I wasn't up on why the sales date was June 1st in the first place. My bad.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW. I totally got here too late. This is.... well, I'll stay civil and say "governments, in general, suck."

But wow, does our government know how to screw shit up.

[EDIT]Just thought about it.... all this trauma and heartache and screw job, really does fall on ONE government official's shoulders, doesn't it? Only takes one of them to say NO to all of this. If only he could be shown just how many people his careless decision has pissed off so severely like this![/EDIT]

Oh well....

MANTICORA DREAM EVIL NOCTURNAL RITES MANTICORA EPICA KAMELOT MANTICORA ANGRA BLIND GUARDIAN MANTICORA VISION DIVINE

And let Iced Earth finish up their last song? Heh heh heh....

Sorry to hear of all the problems, Glenn :-\ I don't think anyone could blame you if you decided to not continue doing this (though no one wants to see you stop, either!). At least you are capable of recovering gracefully from a huge issue like this. That's definitely something to be proud of!

Finally get to see two of my newest favorite bands - CAGE and of course MINDFLOW! Seriously, there couldn't be better replacements! Though I'm concerned that Mindflow will suffer the Rage effect, being a rather mellow prog band following what's sure to be the smash-hit high-energy Cage opener. It would suck to see that happen to those guys after how hard they've worked over the years. Despite the last tour snafu, I've never met a more dedicated and humble group of musicians. On the other hand, I can't wait to see Cage and Mindflow back to back, since nowhere else in the world would that happen!

Though I'm concerned that Mindflow will suffer the Rage effect, being a rather mellow prog band following what's sure to be the smash-hit high-energy Cage opener. !

On this point, I personally (just me) think it might be a better idea to have Brainstorm close the fest after FW. Even though FW of course has the seniority, in terms of the two bands' sound and general energy level differences, and considering it'll be the very end of a very long weekend, Brainstorm would better serve the final slot.

On a more directly analogous note, Dreamscape following Into Eternity in 2004 had no problems, with the crowd seeming to be equally into both bands (or at least an equal number of different fans)

There is no way to predict how things will go down, I am truly sorry to hear that you had to go through all of this. As a fan of the festival I thank you for your professionalism, your honesty and your diligence is setting things to right!

PLEASE don't scare us by talk of no more ProgPowers :( It's the only festival worthwhile is the US!

Thanks again for all your hard work. You are truly appreciated.

Best,

Pabla

Though I'm concerned that Mindflow will suffer the Rage effect, being a rather mellow prog band following what's sure to be the smash-hit high-energy Cage opener.

I don't know why you'd think that. If anything, I think the Rage effect will happen during DSO. As far as I'm concerned Mindflow is more popular than them.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if there were more people watching Mindflow than Cage, then again, I could be wrong.

I don't know why you'd think that. If anything, I think the Rage effect will happen during DSO. As far as I'm concerned Mindflow is more popular than them.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if there were more people watching Mindflow than Cage, then again, I could be wrong.

I just meant that people might be so energized from Cage that they would find an extremely progressive set to be... "boring" :cry: and then walk out during their set. I can't imagine two bands more polarized than Cage and Mindflow, neither possessing the characteristics of the other. That 180 degree transition might put some people off to Mindflow. No one wants to see that happen, so hopefully the prog fans will come in droves for Mindflow's set! :) Cage is the clear option for the opener, there's no questioning that. It'll be intense! Mindflow are intense too, just in a different way that prog is. Actually, I think their "slowest" song is by far the most intense and emotional, but then again, I'm a prog fan already. heh

As for DSO, I have a feeling it will be packed due to curiosity, then it will either thin out dramatically or they will somehow captivate the crowd and surprise us all.

I just meant that people might be so energized from Cage that they would find an extremely progressive set to be... "boring" :cry: and then walk out during their set. I can't imagine two bands more polarized than Cage and Mindflow, neither possessing the characteristics of the other. That 180 degree transition might put some people off to Mindflow. No one wants to see that happen, so hopefully the prog fans will come in droves for Mindflow's set! :) Cage is the clear option for the opener, there's no questioning that. It'll be intense! Mindflow are intense too, just in a different way that prog is. Actually, I think their "slowest" song is by far the most intense and emotional, but then again, I'm a prog fan already. heh

As for DSO, I have a feeling it will be packed due to curiosity, then it will either thin out dramatically or they will somehow captivate the crowd and surprise us all.

Oh, I get it now. You're right, they're pretty opposite, but I guess it could be worse though. Mindflow, as progressive as they are (they're more progressive than most prog metal bands out there, but in a good way) have songs that are really heavy (the opener of the new album, Destructive Device says it all), and melodies that would rival Circus Maximus. They're a very balanced band if you think about it, especially in their last disc. Also, the band is known for being flawless in a live environment. I think everyone is in for a treat, for sure. I wouldn't be surprised if even some of the power metal fans end up sticking around to see their set.

That was probably the best replacement Glenn could've thought of. I'm very happy about the choice, despite the obvious disappointment in not having God headline Friday night anymore. :lol:

I can't imagine two bands more polarized than Cage and Mindflow, neither possessing the characteristics of the other.

Pathosray and Elvenking? ;)

I'm looking forward to both sets. I hate Prog metal, but I enjoy Mindflow's stuff. I think people will bail (or just not show up) on Cage more than Mindflow, which is a shame, because Cage is fucking awesome.

In the states...that's very true.

Have to agree with you there. I've seen some odd pairings in South America and Europe.

For instance, a current tour going on in Brazil.... Sepultura and Angra. Sure, they're the two biggest metal bands in the country, but the styles just don't go along, period.

Surprisingly enough, the crowd is sticking around to see both, regardless of the preference.

And they're even getting together onstage for an encore, playing old tunes!! (Sabbath, Zeppelin, Priest, etc.)

Good riddance !! If you read Glenn's original post, you would notice this situation is well beyond Glenn or Shane's control. I too am a huge VP fan and first bought PPUSAII tickets primarily because they were scheduled. I have had a few PP moments that were frustrating, yet I always enjoy the show and the other bands. I was able to see VP at their PPUSA performance.
Glenn and Shane are, as far as I know the only two people in the US trying their damnedest to get VP to the US. Glenn is responsible for getting VP here and playing PPUSA. How many other people have done that ? I can guarantee you that Glenn and Shane are more disappointed in this than anyone else. These cancellations can cost them much more than $550, I guarantee you.
I understand your frustrations and in fact, haven't always seen eye to eye with Glenn on all issues, but I have never questioned his extreme hard work to get the best bands at PPUSA that he possibly can. The immigration system is the root of this problem, not the promoters of this fine event.

Bryant

I'm am beyond upset. I am beyond angry. I feel like I have been stolen from. I bought my concert tickets and my plane tickets about a week ago for one reason, Vanden Plas. I did not want to see any of the other bands, I was only going to the showcase. And now I have wasted $550.

I thought the whole reason for waiting to post the showcase ticket links was to make sure everything was sorted out? The ticket links never should have been posted unless it was finalized. I flew into Atlanta last year for one reason, Vanden Plas. I flew all the way out there only to find out once I was there that they weren't going to be coming. I figured that couldn't happen again. That's why precautions were taken and the link for the tickets weren't going to be posted early. I waited to buy my plane tickets until after that, hell I waited at least another week before I committed.

Now I feel I have been played for a fool, I fell for the same tricks twice. I may be able to get a refund for my concert tickets (I better be able to at least) but the the remaining $450 for the plane tickets is a complete waste. I looked into the airline's policy and you can get a refund if it's been within 7 days since you ordered them, well guess what... it's been 8 days now.

I went to progpower IV to see Nightwish and Vanden Plas. I went last year to try and see Vanden Plas again. But now I don't care if you ever have another progpower, whether you do or not I am never coming again. You will not steal from me a third time.

Though I'm concerned that Mindflow will suffer the Rage effect, being a rather mellow prog band following what's sure to be the smash-hit high-energy Cage opener. It would suck to see that happen to those guys after how hard they've worked over the years.

You must have them confused with some other band, Mindflow Mellow? As their new show is so highly charged and heavy, they will definetly as Bryant says 'Melt some Faces"

Quoted for fact, my friend, and i don't think you will be wrong on that point

I guess you have never seen D:S:O live..... They will blow your socks off. :kickass:Brilliant live act. I predict a "Mustasch Effect"...