PP USA X: Major roster changes

Glenn, is/was there any chance that an appeal to your U.S. Representative, and the Rep. for the district that includes the venue, might have helped? This is the sort of situation that Congressional staffers and liaisons can sometimes help with, and there's a financial stake in it for the Atlanta rep since the festival takes place in their district.....

Bummed about the news, especially about Matos. Kudos on the swift replacement process, and it'll be great to see the MindFlow guys again. :headbang: Side note: they talk to BIRDS. :)

Seriously man... this isn't going to make a bit of difference. Unless you have millions of dollars behind you (or some kind of inside connection), congressional staffers aren't even going to look in your direction. A fest this size is not big enough for a representative to take notice, and what they could do to influence the department of homeland security is questionable anyway. Keep in mind, this is not a process designed to help anyone, or make sense. This is security theater, designed to put on a show by which politicians can boast about how "safe" they're making you. So the order of the day is arbitrary, capricious pronouncements of who gets to cross over an imaginary line, with, of course, no effective means of challenging their grand decision... and no effective means of changing anything, because so many have become so inured to the idea that "that's just how government works", that it's tacitly accepted.

Someone actually has a "defense" for this stupidity? I'd like to hear that...

No, people here usually just tell me how "alarmist" I am. The last time I bitched about the government, it was last year about all the TSA restrictions, and I said almost exactly what you said in your post above. I was ridiculed no end for it. :)

I am sorry to say that US now has taken the place Russia used to have. An administration that s u c k s bigtime.

But metal will prevail 'em all....

Thanks for your post Glenn.

This was an eye openner to say the least, especially since we want to bring GALLOWS END (www.myspace.com/gallowsend) from Sweden and SACRUM (www.myspace.com/sacrvm) from Argentina next year for our 3rd Annual Warriors Of Metal Festival. I suppose getting the process started EARLY is the way to go since as previously mentioned, there seems to be absoloutely no logic involved in the process!

I am bummed about Power Quest and Vanden Plas, but then what can you do? This IS out of your control. But I have to say, the Crimson Glory replacement was an ingenious move. What better way to pay tribute to Midnight than in a high class MetalFest such as ProgPower, on its 10th anniversary no less. And of course, you can never go wrong with CAGE!

Please don't call it quits though. We have one True MetalFest in this country that brings the world to our distant shores and THIS IS IT. Sure there will always be bumps along the road but for Metal Gods' Sake, DO NOT QUIT doing what you do so well.

Your fan,

Datis Alaee
DJ Metal Daddy
Farvahar Records LLC
Warriors Of MetalFest III Sponsor

You do not have to ask twice my good sir! I'd be more than glad to pick your brain or take advantage of your experience.

I am also the beneficiary of the random way this thing works. Whereas Claus had to wait for less than half a year and a Canadian co-worker got her Green Card in just 3 months, my own status was "Indefinitely Pending" for a good 6 months and then, after interviews were done I still had to wait for another YEAR before there was anything at all happening to my case. I finally managed to get my Green Card after THREE YEARS! I'm sure the color of my passport did not help either! So I know what you've gone through and for everybody else's reference, we had two American bands cancel on us for the Warriors Of MetalFest II this past June, so yes, shit does happen, even with bands here who DO NOT require visas and such. I tell you, Lance King and us have had it easy compared to you Glenn. Seems like putting on a show with bands from this country is hassle enough for us ;)!

I thank you in advance for your offer of help and shall contact you as soon as I can.

Respectfully,

Datis Alaee
DJ Metal Daddy
Farvahar Records LLC
Warriors Of MetalFest III Sponsor