rough recording of a new metally song I have.. shit sound quality.

"The guitar solos suck" :lol: ...back at ya.
I like the "gated" heavy crunch and would start it off with that instead of the off-tune stuff at the start, but you like doing that I've noticed. Was that the new bass way in the background? - One thumb up!

"The guitar solos suck" :lol: ...back at ya.
I like the "gated" heavy crunch and would start it off with that instead of the off-tune stuff at the start, but you like doing that I've noticed. Was that the new bass way in the background? - One thumb up!

:lol: Hey, I didn't say it. And plus, I told you I liked the guitar solos. I just laughed because you were the one playing them and that was the first thing he attacked.

Yes, was the new bass.

i'd have the beginning dissonance part fade in but in a reverb way.

that'd totally sound hardcore and kewl.

I'd also recommend experimenting with different vocal styles. Not just clean or death vox, but for instance multi-tracking yourself humming the root note for atmospheric effect. Different stuff like that.

Anyway, it's a good track. The beginning is really solid, in my opinion.

:) thanks! yeah, i'll experiment with stuff. I'm getting tired of the singing/growling alternating. i need something new

here's another one that I JUST finished recording. Bozzy brings the doom, too!
YouSendIt: The Leader in File Delivery.

once again, without vocals.

I like it, but I do have one suggestion. Invest in: KVR: EastWest Drumkit From Hell 2 - Virtual Instrument

Its a great drum sample kit.

Edit: A sample on here Drumkit From Hell 2 :: Drums/Percussion :: Virtual Instruments :: Sounds Online

yeah. I've been meaning to get DFH2. Trying to decide whether or not I'm too lazy to download a gigantic torrent or pay for it... I find out when I start my job tomorrow, so maybe I'll buy it then... then replace the drums with good sampled ones, add vocals, then start a myspace just for this stuff and try to sell the song downloads on there

I bought it for the studio and have fallen in love. I also have drumcore 2, but its more heavy on loops than raw samples... granted you have lots of editing power, its still not to nice on the person who wants to just be all raw and such.

I'd say use Reason with some Cubase to do all your recording and additions.