Round 2: Less favorite Opeth album

Round 2: Less favorite Opeth album

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Of course there are some, but not of the quality you get on parts of BWP. Personal view though, and I don't expect anyone to agree. I do love the way "My promise is made but my heart is thine" was sung. It's just that there aren't as many other parts that stand out to me.

that part in the moor i mentioned always gives me goosebumps...especially if it's preceded by the quiet section before...but the part at 7:43 in BWP does the same, if not more...i dunno, they're both amazing parts.

Indeed. Thing is, MAYH is my absolute favourite, and Still Life is like the calm after the storm to me. The transition from one style to the next, like it was leading up to what could be expected afterward. It just stands out a little less than others.

i personally think polls like this can't work, because i think each album with a band like this caters to a different kind of feeling. i've hit times where i like bwp best, times when still life is best, mayh, morningrise, etc. i know it's just a survey of opinion, but no album is bad, they just target different parts of you.

necramentia--that's exactly how i feel about it...
one day it's deliverance, the next it's morningrise, then still life, and so on...
some days i put one album in and have to take it off right away, not in the mood, and then a week later it's the only album i can listen to for days on end.
but mayh is good all the time :)

even though all the albums are good, i still don't understand why orchid is always so low in these polls. it sounds different then their current style, but it's so fucking good! haha. i actually did the cliche "walk through a big forest whilst listening to orchid" yesterday. it was swell.

^ yea've done that a few times its really cool. Although I've only done it with MAYH and Morningrise maybe sometime I'll get around to the others