Roy Harper

PY

c'est moi
does someone know his discography ? what do ya think about him ?
I have "Whatever happened to jugula" (where there is the original version of "Hope" of Eternity) and "Stormcock", two great albums. especially Stormcock.
I'd like to discover another ones but i don't know which ones...

BTW, was he a friend of the band at the time of Eternity ?

I dont know of any other version of Hope previous to Jugula like. Pete Townshend did a version with different lyrics called White City Fighting where the verses and choruses are in a different way round to the Hope arrangement. When we were doing Eternity we hired some gear from some feller not far from the studio and it turned out that he was Harpers sound engineer at the time. So we found out whether Roy would do Bad Speech for the album, which he did a few new versions. Since then Ive met him a few times but never had the chance to have a proper chat like :(
I'd recommend Valentine and Folkjokeopus to anyone looking for Harper stuff to get into. The song 'Forever' was probably the biggest inspiration for the Eternity album.

"dont you think we're forever"

PY said:
thanx for the links ;)

I don't think there's an earlier version of "hope", look this : http://homepage.mac.com/musicnaut/royharper/songs.html#Hope
hehe, yeah, that what i found now. I think i mixed the lines of "hope" and "home".. so i'd better go to sleep like.

Anyway he sings in Pink Floyds Have a cigar - i think thats the most wellknown thing besides Anathema covering and Antimatter playing Hope live..

and he's also famous for being the avatar of another great err.. *felt asleep*

Strangelight said:
I dont know of any other version of Hope previous to Jugula like. Pete Townshend did a version with different lyrics called White City Fighting where the verses and choruses are in a different way round to the Hope arrangement. When we were doing Eternity we hired some gear from some feller not far from the studio and it turned out that he was Harpers sound engineer at the time. So we found out whether Roy would do Bad Speech for the album, which he did a few new versions. Since then Ive met him a few times but never had the chance to have a proper chat like :(
I'd recommend Valentine and Folkjokeopus to anyone looking for Harper stuff to get into. The song 'Forever' was probably the biggest inspiration for the Eternity album.

"dont you think we're forever"
thanx Dunc :Spin:
I'm gonna try these 2 albums

Dora said:
hehe, yeah, that what i found now. I think i mixed the lines of "hope" and "home".. so i'd better go to sleep like.

Anyway he sings in Pink Floyds Have a cigar - i think thats the most wellknown thing besides Anathema covering and Antimatter playing Hope live..
and Led Zeppelin's tribute "Hats Off to (Roy) Harper" on Led Zeppelin III. very nice song btw.