Rumor

Originally posted by Skreemqueen
You know what? If you kill the Pope you're just a bastard and I'm sure that if a hell didn't exist, they'd make one up just to put you in it.

LMAO. hell yes, and damn straight.

and nevermore is NOT a christian band. you probably heard a song off dreaming neon black, in which case the confusion would be a little understandable, but still. no. they were just questioning existance and the idea of an all-powerful spiritual entity, period, on that album. i love it. it scares me sometimes, but i love it.

... and i'm christian.
chew on that.

...And may I add... What does it matter, even if WD and Nevermore WERE christians (which they are not, i am sure...!), huh??

Does tat make them LESS good than they are now?

No band's religious beliefs really determines the quality of play any more than color, sexual orientation or favorite beer...although, if it's not Guinness, it's swill. :)

What the religious aspect does introduce is the views presented in the lyrics. What I generally don't like about bands that are of any belief is being hammered over the head with "this is my belief and this is the only belief!" That isn't happening, sorry. If a band doesn't do that -- and they happen to be Christian -- terriffic. More power to them, especially since the notions of religion are correlative with being spiritually at peace. Being at peace is always a good thing.

Anyway, I'll exit on that note. It's early and I need coffee.

Peace,

Phil