Rumour of in-store appearance in melbourne

Skeptic

New Metal Member
Mar 18, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
Hey fellow Opetharians! This is my first post on this forum.
I was just wondering whether anyone knows any information about a possible in-store appearance in melbourne when Opeth tour here. I mean, Opeth are playing 3 shows in melbourne, so you'd think they'd have some sort of a signing session.
A friend of mine told me to check out the latest Inpress magazine for details of this 'ellusive' instore appearance. I got it, but there was nothing about it in the magazine (I studied it twice). Perhaps it could be in the next week's Inpress edition....

Thanx ppl!
I'm fucken looking forward to next weekend, I'm going both nights, lol!
Opeth overkill? nahhhh....
:headbang:

I think this calls for an official question.

Mikael, I know you're probably reading this, so could you please put our curiosities to rest and say if/when you guys are having an instore here in Melbourne? Would be greatly appreciated, man!

I know the majority of it is probably up to the tour managers or whatever, but I figure the band would have at least SOME idea of what they'll be doing :lol:

The term used to be Opethian, but I guess the gay, new fans could be called Opetharians?

Was that really neccesary? As I stated above, I'm new here - so how the fuck could I know what you call fellow Opeth fans Mr. Elite-Opeth Mighty Anus?

Anymore insults? What a great welcome!

Just one more thing, I'm not a new, gay Opeth fan like you state, I've been into Opeth for years! I only just stumbled over this forum today.

And just to be nice, I guess I'll call Opeth fans Opethians from now on.

Cheerz, from a fellow Opethian Melbournite.

:)

Don't worry, we have a good amount of forum trolls here. Just ignore if you will. Let's keep this topic clean and redundancy-free so we get a good chance of a reply from one of the guys actually telling us what's going on.

Moonlapse said:
Don't worry, we have a good amount of forum trolls here. Just ignore if you will. Let's keep this topic clean and redundancy-free so we get a good chance of a reply from one of the guys actually telling us what's going on.

My thoughts exactly dood.

I've been scouring the internet looking for details about this rumoured instore. So far, I have come up empty.

I'm guessing the in-store will be at someplace like Gaslight on Bourke St. or Metal Mayhem or something. Although Metal Mayhem haven't held an instore for some time.

Keep a look out people!

its quite possible there will be an after-show on the 27th, they had an after-show last year after the sydney gig, got to hang out with everyone and drink and smoke. course, only mikael could really communicate well with us. wonder if the others have polished their english much since then ;)

The after party is at an alternative club called switch, which takes place at caseys bar on glenferrie road on a saturday night. It is pretty good, downstairs is punk, upstairs is metal (it's pretty mainstream metal but still good). It's right beside the train station.

Iblys said:
The after party is at an alternative club called switch, which takes place at caseys bar on glenferrie road on a saturday night. It is pretty good, downstairs is punk, upstairs is metal (it's pretty mainstream metal but still good). It's right beside the train station.

Excellent! Thanx man.. I'm spreading the word.

Fuck, I've got a Blackwater Park poster, I could get that signed. I'll put it in the cloakroom at the gig I guess and take it with me to switch. Knowing my luck I'll be too fucken smashed to keep it in good condition.

Anyway, thanx again dude...

Where did u get this info from?