Rumoured King Diamond tour

That's possible but it is strange that he's doing NYC on a Tuesday a month before the FFF Fest. I think if it were just a date here and a date there he'd be more likely to do weekends in the big markets. Also he said in an interview earlier this year that he'd tour in the fall but who knows how big that 'tour' would be. Hoping to catch him regardless.

That's possible but it is strange that he's doing NYC on a Tuesday a month before the FFF Fest. I think if it were just a date here and a date there he'd be more likely to do weekends in the big markets. Also he said in an interview earlier this year that he'd tour in the fall but who knows how big that 'tour' would be. Hoping to catch him regardless.

I agree with Bob. Considering his health and such, I just don't see him doing a major tour. You have to realize also that he lives in Texas, so the month apart thing isn't a big deal.

The NY on a Tuesday is the outlier here tho for those who feel it won't be a tour.... Who knows tho......

Personally I would rather have a true Mercyful Fate reunion.

I've heard his health is better than ever. I think King has a few albums left in him, and now would be the perfect time for a comeback.

The NY on a Tuesday is the outlier here tho for those who feel it won't be a tour.... Who knows tho......

Personally I would rather have a true Mercyful Fate reunion.

Well i never said it wouldn't be a tour. I just think it's going to be a very small tour. For me, I would take King Diamond or MF. The only reason being is that I'll be able to hear stuff from both eras, whereas a MF show I'll only hear MF.

I've heard his health is better than ever. I think King has a few albums left in him, and now would be the perfect time for a comeback.

Few albums? I agree. Touring on a constant basis, I just don't see it. He may be in good health, but it takes quite a trooper to tour constantly like he did at one point.

Few albums? I agree. Touring on a constant basis, I just don't see it. He may be in good health, but it takes quite a trooper to tour constantly like he did at one point.

Yeah, I doubt we'd see double billed Mercyful Fate and solo tours like he used to, but I think we can expect semi-regular touring from King. But it looks like he's starting to get back into that touring lifestyle slowly, which might be better for him. More news from him would be nice too, we don't have much to go off right now.

I'm surprised this is scheduled at Best Buy. That theater has a capacity of 2,100. I didn't think he had the type of drawing power that could pull that many on a Tuesday night.

Oh man,.... think about how many people into King Diamond weren't around last time he toured. It's been what, like 10 years already??

Occult metal is bigger than ever..

I would think any In Solitude, Ghost, Portrait, etc (and by the way I like these bands too) fan has definitely gotten into King / MF by now if they weren't already familiar with him.

Add to that all his long time fans who would go since it has been so long.

Oh man,.... think about how many people into King Diamond weren't around last time he toured. It's been what, like 10 years already??
Perhaps you're correct. However, I saw him in Philly (with Kreator) on the Puppetmaster tour. He drew roughly 600. If a crappy follow-up album (Give me Your Soul... Please) and a ten year absence increase your drawing power fourfold, more bands should employ that strategy. Think about it... if he releases another truly awful album and then waits until 2024 to tour, he'll draw 8,400. In 2034, he'll be drawing 33,600. And if he can make it to 2044 (he's be a spry 88 years of age), he'd be selling out back to back nights at Giant Stadium. :loco:

Perhaps you're correct. However, I saw him in Philly (with Kreator) on the Puppetmaster tour. He drew roughly 600. If a crappy follow-up album (Give me Your Soul... Please) and a ten year absence increase your drawing power fourfold, more bands should employ that strategy. Think about it... if he releases another truly awful album and then waits until 2024 to tour, he'll draw 8,400. In 2034, he'll be drawing 33,600. And if he can make it to 2044 (he's be a spry 88 years of age), he'd be selling out back to back nights at Giant Stadium. :loco:

Look at Metal Church who broke up because lack of interest from people and not drawing people. They only took off a few years and came back and toured to really good turnouts. Now the key is keeping those fans but they played is smart and played lots of the classic material. It will be interesting to see them tour again and see if the people come back out for them or is their taste for them done now since they saw them once now.

Occult metal is bigger than ever..

I would think any In Solitude, Ghost, Portrait, etc (and by the way I like these bands too) fan has definitely gotten into King / MF by now if they weren't already familiar with him.

Add to that all his long time fans who would go since it has been so long.

Two things. 1. Yeah there are people who haven't seen him since then, BUT 2100 worth of a draw? I highly doubt it.

2. You're giving those bands except for maybe Ghost too much credit. I love In Solitude and Portrait, but it's not like they're all that popular in the US.

I feel like discovering people's favorite KD albums are somehow a window into their soul.

Personally, I love Graveyard and Puppet Master best.. but I enjoy them all!

I wonder if the 2100 capacity venue isn't so much because of the number of seats available as it is the stage (and backroom area) that a venue that size can offer. Given the way his stage production is, he maybe doesn't want to put on a show on the type of stage a less-than-1000 venue would typically have.

When I saw him in '05, he did not come close to selling out, or even filling up, the venue he played, but his stage set up took up the entire space. I think he didn't need to fill it to the brim in order for the show to be financially successful, he just had to sell over a certain threshold to make it viable for him and the venue.

Look at Metal Church who broke up because lack of interest from people and not drawing people. They only took off a few years and came back and toured to really good turnouts.
What are you considering a really good turn out? Near me, they played St. Vitus, which holds 350 (not sure if it sold out... I did not go).

If King can sell out the Best Buy, good for him. I hope he does. However, this is a venue that very few top Metal acts can sell out consistently. If the thought is he will benefit from the splash Ghost made, it should be noted that when Ghost came to NY in 2013 they played a venue that holds 550.