Running lots of DI guitar tracks. Need some help. nuuuuub.

E

Ezpz93

Okay.

For instance, pick a programme like Amplitube or Guitar Rig. I want 4 guitars with the same tone (in logic pro 9). To save on CPU and dumping out all the time, and to generally give my little macbook less stress I want to bus the guitar plugin, a general EQ, and my instance of Space Designer (for the IR cab).

MY PROBLEM: I can't pan the individual guitar tracks when the signals are being sent to my bus with my sound on it.

Obviously I want guitar hard left and hard right. (the other two i want slightly left, and slightly right - but sufficiently quieter) < Thats all cool cus i just turn down the send to the bus, it's just this panning pain in the arse that i can't seem to work out. I change the pan on the individual channels and it does nothing.

The bus itself is stereo. I am able to pan the bus, but not the channels running into the bus, if you get me?

This is like getting 2 guitar players to plug into the same amp using a Y cable. Not something you'd normally do, and not something you're going to be able to pan. I would also suspect the whole thing is gonna sound a bit weird to be honest. Just use seperate instances of your amp & cab simulation and freeze/print your tracks. You can always send them all to a stereo bus and use that for your eq.