Rush denied getting into hall of fame

Feb 9, 2005
Long Island
A great fucking band like Rush can't get into the R-N-R hall of fame. While fucking Blondie gets in. This gotta be a joke.o_O How hard will it be for ANTHRAX to get in there,if they don't have bands like Rush & Grand Funk Railroad in there!!!:hotjump:

Anthrax won't see the Rockn' Roll hall of fame. They are awesome but they were barely recognised through most of thier greatness.
Britney will be in there before Anthrax.

DumbAss said:
Anthrax won't see the Rockn' Roll hall of fame. They are awesome but they were barely recognised through most of thier greatness.
Britney will be in there before Anthrax.
lets just hope one day they will. dont be a naysayer :loco:

Anthrax deserve to get in the R-N-R H.O.F There influence for other bands are in the millions just like Rush & G.F.R.R.I just can't believe Blondie got in. Fucking BLONDIE.Not RUSH----Blondie,how pathetic:yuk:

Metal Thrashing Mark said:
Anthrax deserve to get in the R-N-R H.O.F There influence for other bands are in the millions just like Rush & G.F.R.R.I just can't believe Blondie got in. Fucking BLONDIE.Not RUSH----Blondie,how pathetic:yuk:
Well... Blondie was pretty cool.

The Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame is just a big fucking corporate joke. If you're not kissing corporate ass (especially Rolling Stone's and Ahmet Ehertgun's asses), your chances to get in are slim and none. I'm truly surprised that Black Sabbath and AC/DC have gotten in - not that they didn't deserve it, but that the group of Depends-wearing codgers running the show even knew who they were. Fan opinion means nothing to them; it's their way or the highway. (Chubby Checker gets his undies in a knot every year because he's not included in this bunch.)

Honestly, I can make a good case for every artist who is being inducted this year, but I can also make good cases for bands like Rush, Kiss, Motorhead, etc. If someone could come up with a politics-free way of selecting artists who deserve to be immortalized - and keep in mind there will always be people who don't agree with your choices - then I believe it should be implemented.

dailyvault said:
The Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame is just a big fucking corporate joke. If you're not kissing corporate ass (especially Rolling Stone's and Ahmet Ehertgun's asses), your chances to get in are slim and none. I'm truly surprised that Black Sabbath and AC/DC have gotten in - not that they didn't deserve it, but that the group of Depends-wearing codgers running the show even knew who they were. Fan opinion means nothing to them; it's their way or the highway. (Chubby Checker gets his undies in a knot every year because he's not included in this bunch.)

Honestly, I can make a good case for every artist who is being inducted this year, but I can also make good cases for bands like Rush, Kiss, Motorhead, etc. If someone could come up with a politics-free way of selecting artists who deserve to be immortalized - and keep in mind there will always be people who don't agree with your choices - then I believe it should be implemented.

Exactly. I once received a gift certificate to go there as a present, and I never used it. Rush doesn't need the approval of record executive low-lifes to cement their legacy. Anyone remember the Simpsons epsisode with Homer's barbershop quartet, the B Sharps? The comments on the grammys were priceless.

jdelpi said:
Exactly. I once received a gift certificate to go there as a present, and I never used it. Rush doesn't need the approval of record executive low-lifes to cement their legacy. Anyone remember the Simpsons epsisode with Homer's barbershop quartet, the B Sharps? The comments on the grammys were priceless.

I agree with you...and I do remember that Simpsons episode..."Baby on board"!!!

Edward Yawn said:
Rush sucks man. Listen to 50 Cent instead.

Even you have to admit that Neil Peart is one of the best drummers in rock music, even if you don't like the band's music. Peart is an absolute genius behind the kit.

And... yes, I do have 50 Cent's discs in my collection. (I happen to like rap, though I'm more into groups like Digital Underground.) Whenever I get the time to listen to them, I'll let you know what I think.

dailyvault said:
Even you have to admit that Neil Peart is one of the best drummers in rock music, even if you don't like the band's music. Peart is an absolute genius behind the kit.

And... yes, I do have 50 Cent's discs in my collection. (I happen to like rap, though I'm more into groups like Digital Underground.) Whenever I get the time to listen to them, I'll let you know what I think.

I was just kidding. I like Rush but I don't care much for 50 Cent's music which is barely worth fifty cents. The only song of his that I like is "Window shopper". Neil Peart is a good drummer but he is not my favorite.