Rush denied getting into hall of fame

I don't see why Blondie doesn't deserve to be there. With the amount of artists that they have inspired and are still inspiring. They are still completely listenable today as well. I think they have stood the test of time. They also were the ONLY band back then doing what they did.
At the same time, There will be tons of awesome bands that won't make the Rockn' Roll Hall of Fame.

I love Rush and this is a joke. They deserve to be in their way before a lot of the other bands. Are Pink Floyd in there? If not I bet they will be. Same with Kansas and Yes. For some reason, Rush is always overlooked as being one of the greatest (and one of the first) progressive bands of all time.

Didn't Ozzy just turn down his nomination?

Apparently these type of events are rigged. I read somewhere that it all depends on which companies will spend the most money and suck big arse to whoever it is they have to to win.

Metal Thrashing Mark said:
Pink Floyd is in.
The Punk movement is in I wonder if the Thrash generation will get in??
Well, Thrash is the love child of metal and punk..... so maybe they have a chance.

i dont think rush ever broke in australia,they are obviously big in the usa,i have never heard any of there stuff knowingly,maybe i have heard a few songs on the radio with knowing lol.

mrthrax said:
i dont think rush ever broke in australia,they are obviously big in the usa,i have never heard any of there stuff knowingly,maybe i have heard a few songs on the radio with knowing lol.

I don't even think they've toured Australia. They don't seem to be very interested in touring very much. Last year was the first time in over a decade that they made it to Europe. They usually stick to the US and the big parts of Canada. I don't think they've hit Japan since '84, but I could be wrong.

I would say Blondie deserves to be in, not that it really matters that much. Rush definitely.

Also, Van fucking Halen hasn't got in. That's a crime.

When Metallica's 25 years comes up, do you think they'll get in?

Metal Thrashing Mark said:
A great fucking band like Rush can't get into the R-N-R hall of fame. While fucking Blondie gets in. This gotta be a joke.o_O How hard will it be for ANTHRAX to get in there,if they don't have bands like Rush & Grand Funk Railroad in there!!!:hotjump:

I wouldn't count on Anthrax getting in, despite the fact that they deserve it. Look how long it took them to vote Sabbath in. Sabbath was eligible back in 1995. Heavy music just isn't taken seriously by the Hall. There are very few heavy bands in there. If you're a former pop star, you're almost guaranteed to get it.

Let's face it, bands like Anthrax, Slayer, Megadeth, etc. will be ignored by the Hall for many years after they're eligible.

I don't see why Blondie doesn't deserve to be there.

I don't either. They were on the cutting edge of a new music style. They helped usher in new wave in the New York scene, also probley the first band ever to fuse rap and rock together with the song "Rapture". hit the dance floor with "Call Me" and added ska into their main stream hits with "the Tide is High". They to me are as important to new wave in the 70's as the Ramones were to punk. While I whole heartedly agree Rush has awsome musicians they haven't spear headed anything. prog-rock was around already when they came on to the scene and if you listen to some of their influences (Blue Cheer and the Who) they don't sound a whole lot different when they first started. Also i'd rather go back in time and bang Debbie Harry in the 70's than Geddy Lee.....

I was there for the Signals tour. I also seen Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures and the Test for Echos tours. The best part about a Rush concert is seeing a whole main floor of air drummers during the drum breaks in Tom Sawyer.:headbang:

karrokid said:
I was there for the Signals tour. I also seen Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures and the Test for Echos tours. The best part about a Rush concert is seeing a whole main floor of air drummers during the drum breaks in Tom Sawyer.:headbang:

I'm jealous. I saw them last year for the first time. There was a drunk guy in front of me who did an awesome job of air drumming "Red Sector A" and "Mystic Rhythms," which I thought were odd songs to go nuts for.

Rush totally deserves this. Although, I think you guys are right, they are mainly a US and Canada band it seems. Still though, they are key to the movement or progressive music.