Rush in Rio DVD

Melisan

Nov 13, 2002
Visit site
Holy.... SHIT! Damn this thing cranks. They let the audience be a little too loud in the mix for my liking but it sounds unlike anything I've heard. And they still kick ass after all these years, putting on a 3 hour concert when most bands half their age can't do more than a 75 minute show.

Get it.

Crank it.

Love it.

I'm watching it right now. And speaking of 75 minute shows, sounds like King Diamond last night.

smylex said:
I'm watching it right now. And speaking of 75 minute shows, sounds like King Diamond last night.

Smylex, how was King Diamond in concert? I have never seen him live before.

I picked up The Puppet Master today, and I can't stop listening to it. This CD sounds just like it came from the classic Abigail/Them era. Great stuff!

Note to self: Pick up Rush in Rio!

The show itself was good, but really short. The most infuriating thing about the show was that the main set was only an hour and then the band would walk offstage for nearly 5 minutes at a time and then come out to do a song for an encore. They did this three times which got really annoying.

The video is screwed up. They may have to replace all the discs. I can't believe they put out video like this, AND chose to make it non-anamorphic. Sheesh.

Man, I'm gonna have to re-read this again later when I can get my head around it. I've fallen behind in my tech skills. About that part where they said they plan to rerelease it as a single disc... Queensryche has done much the same with their Live Evolution. They made it a on CD one DVD combo set. I have no clue why, but since I'm in it I must have it :D

I'm not really picky about the problems with the DVD since I watch on either the laptop or desktop in a window. The show itself is incredible, the fans, the atmosphere, everything. I was able to catch 2 shows last year in the Bay Area so having this one just adds to the memories.

I have a gig tonight with the band and no soup at home!!! arrgg!

Rush In Rio has made my fucking week, by and large. The guys just smoke! I'm sure the DVD is selling better than the CD edition (I bought both), and I believe it's selling pretty well. Rush rules. That's about all I have to say!