Rush- "State of Integrity" Review

Acujer

Apr 14, 2008
Not bad! Not bad! Actually very good! I definitely recommend it. I saw the Concord show here up in the Bay Area. I showed up, bought a ticket for $20 in front and had 5th row pit, right in front of Geddy Lee. Natural Science is worth the ticket alone. What an unbelievable song live! I was tripping out on the lyrics to Subdivisions. I used to listen to that in high school in my car when we'd hot box it. Fit like 12 people in an Oldsmobile and just get lit listening to Rush. The lyrics seemed to hit me hard tonight for some reason.
But dude, Natural Science, those words are insane! Integrity. That's the answer to all the world's problems. Integrity!

Geddy's voice was great most of the time. A couple songs it seemed he didn't quite hit it, but a lot of it it was great! Limelight and Passage to Bangkok were 2 songs it seemed the voice was slightly off. But still nice.

Alex Lifeson is not playing a PRS anymore. He's Les Paul now. Anyone know why? I was so close I could see his eye balls. He's precision! Very good!

Neil's drumming seemed a bit more mature, less showy, but top notch! He's at the highest level of drumming. I love his flow.

The whole band actually seemed different to me than the other times I've seen them before. For one, the arena was smaller than I'm used to seeing them in, but it just seemed like they rocked less, and had a much bigger, atmospheric, mature sound. Very modernized. Anyone else notice this? I'm not sure how to describe it, but they sounded different. I liked it.

Can't wait for fuckin Maiden, man! Concord Pavilion is one of the best venues I've been to ever, and I have been to venues all over the country when I was on tour with The Dead. Concord is top notch! Very kind venue. Anyone on the West Coast should see Maiden at Concord. Much better than Hell A. Although, I will be there too.

Not bad! Not bad! Actually very good! I definitely recommend it.

Alex Lifeson is not playing a PRS anymore. He's Les Paul now. Anyone know why? I was so close I could see his eye balls. He's precision! Very good!

Can't wait for fuckin Maiden, man! I will be there too.

Yeah, last night he played various Gibson models, but no PRS.

I saw them last year at Shoreline but just didn't have it in me to go all the way out to Concord, even on a Sunday night. I had an early morning the next day at JavaOne.

But I do remember Neil's solo being insane. Can't believe the man is 56 in September.

Neil's solo seemed fantastic but a bit shorter More percussive I remember.

Concord is way better than Shoreline.