Rush Review

I noodle on mine occasionally but that is about it. Fretless has a really cool sound but my I suck exponentially at it.

Wanda plays the ultimate fretless....:worship:
Symphony.jpg

Oh is that her behind the bass? LOL (that wasn't a short joke)

We, OK well I, want a review from you guys ASAP. I'm going next Monday night.

Set list:

Limelight
Digital Man
Entre Nous
Mission
Freewill
The Main Monkey Business
The Larger Bowl (with McKenzie Brothers intro)
Secret Touch
Circumstances
Between The Wheels
Dreamline

Intermission
Far Cry (with video intro)
Workin’ Them Angels
Armor And Sword
Spindrift
The Way The Wind Blows
Subdivisions
Natural Science
Witch Hunt
Malignant Narcissism
Drum Solo
Hope
Summertime Blues
The Spirit of Radio
Tom Sawyer (with South Park intro) - :lol: Funny intro..won't spoil it for you.

Encore:
One Little Victory
A Passage to Bangkok
YYZ

They had 5 large video screens: 3 above the band/stage and one on each side. Limelight suffered a little due to mixing where we were sitting, but they tweaked it and they sounded great the rest of the evening.

Natural Science was the highlight of the evening for me since that is my favorite Rush song, but since it's Rush everything pretty much sounded great. The end of the drum solo had everyone dancing and Geddy friggin' nailed his parts in YYZ.

:worship:

An Amazing show! I am sol glad I went though I spent all day thinking I wasnt going to make it.

It turned out that I became incredibly ill the day before yesterday, and it peaked on yesterday. I literally laid in bed all day. Finally at about 5:30pm I had to make the call, do I try and go to the show even though I might get more ill because of it? Well I had to drag myself out there. It had been many years since I had seen Rush live. :kickass:

Luckily CrsChkum had a blanket for me because I got the shivers half way through the show. I am glad I went! Rush seriously kick ass! :kickass:

Thanks folks. Nice setlist with a balance of old and new. Glad to see a Power Windows track in there. Sad that there isn't a Test For Echo one. :(

Now I ask you why the hell can't Maiden do something similar?

Jim

I must say they get better everytime I see them. All their music is great. I love it all :) tom Sawyer I must say is my FAV of all and am glad they play it every time :)

Peter, you are very welcome for the blanket and it was good seeing ya tooooo!!!

Thanks folks. Nice setlist with a balance of old and new. Glad to see a Power Windows track in there. Sad that there isn't a Test For Echo one. :(

Now I ask you why the hell can't Maiden do something similar?

When you have a catalog like Rush's, they're gonna have to leave stuff out. No The Trees, Red Barchetta, etc..but they do spread the wealth pretty well. Geddy even made a crack about having too much to choose from..between songs, he says, "So we have new album out..I think it's #4,000 for us.." :lol:

Rush came to town this Tuesday past, and it was awesome. The set was pretty much the same as listed above, minus Summertime Blues. They were a little late getting onstage, so they prolly shelved it in order to save time. They are just a musical machine that keeps right on rolling down the highway. Everything sounded great, though as my gf pointed out, Geddy's voice was starting to wear out towards the end of the set. Heh, they ain;t no young spring chickens anymore, even if their musicianship is still A+. The program was laid out beautifully, and its always interesting to read Neil's words. I swear that that man has to one of the most cerebral human beings I have ever seen.

All in all, it was worth every penny of the money I paid for Pavilion seating. A good time was had, most definitely.

The program was laid out beautifully, and its always interesting to read Neil's words. I swear that that man has to one of the most cerebral human beings I have ever seen.

/QUOTE]

Neil Peart has written a couple of books . His memoir of his life after the deaths of his daughter and wife is detailed beyond belief. A very interesting read.

Looks like Rush did it again with "Malignant Narcissism"... Great instrumental.

Oh yeah, I have Ghost Rider... I was blown away by the emotional rollercoaster from hell that he was on. Be glad that he found his way, people, be very glad... Rush was *that close* to ending after Test for Echo. THAT. EFFING. CLOSE.

I love Malignant Narcissism, but its too short... then again, my favorite instrumental from them is La Villa Strangiato. That song is what got me into Rush to begin with. Working Them Angels was poignant as hell, as much for the visuals as for the music. Its amazing how the visuals can change how you perceive the song.