Rushy Goodness

Hallowed be my name

Hopeless Groupie
Oct 16, 2007
El Segundo, Ca.
Well, I saw quite a few friends at Rush on Tuesday night (most notably Wanda and Mr. Milne). First time at Nokia, quite a cool venue.

The boys ROCKED the house! They were all on top of their game. Neil's drum solo was un(freaking)believable, Geddy's voice was as good as I've ever heard it, and Alex (minus a few pounds) was in top form.

The set was similar to the Hollywood Bowl one from last year with the notable additions of The TREES! and 2112!!! They played everything I could hope them to with the possible exception of La Villa Strangiato. Thank God there's no opening band. (Hmmmm, maybe we could get the Maidens to play for 2+ hours with no openers...?;))

Anyone who's seeing them on this tour, Enjoy Immensly!

A great time was had by all. I'm fired up for Friday night now.

Go Maidens!

Hey did you see my review of the Concord show?

Neil's solo was shorter than usual right? Beautiful, but a bit shorter.

Rush sounded more mature, sophisticated, less Metalish and more of a quality rock band. A bigger, lighter sound I thought.

Natural Science is the bomb!

I was 5th row from the stage, and Alex makes some weird facial expressions. He'll like stick out his tongue or squint one side of his face during a beat break like in YYZ. Geddy Lee makes some weird faces too. He kind of reminds me of a muppet the way he opens his mouth real wide with that big tongue.
Neil Peart, does he ever smile?

Also, let me know if any of you can decipher what the hell the little movies are about. I just didn't get it. Maybe because I am not a Canadian.

I just got back from night #2 at Nokia, next up Irvine. With The MaidenS in between in Pasadena, of course.

Also, let me know if any of you can decipher what the hell the little movies are about. I just didn't get it. Maybe because I am not a Canadian.

I think the movies are simply meant to be funny. Geddy's Scottish character certainly is.

Neil Peart, does he ever smile?

Not on stage, no. He's all focus and no messing around, unless Alex does something really funny.

I thought the South Park one was pretty obvious, Cartman screwing up Tom Sawyer with Huck Finn.

Well yeah obviously the South Park made sense..

But they went through a lot of trouble to show this Scottish guy driving to get chicken.
I thought it was cool, just didn't get the bizarre sense of humour.